Fun with the Hex

Discussion in 'Nature' started by dixeyk, Jun 11, 2012.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    <a href="" title="prickly by dixeyk, on Flickr">[​IMG]"683" height="1024" alt="prickly"></a>

<a href="" title="Pushing Daisies by dixeyk, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="683" alt="Pushing Daisies"></a>

A couple from a stroll home with the Hexanon 24/2.8 and Silver EFX Pro 2. Both images @ f5.6. Surprisingly I used the LCD to compose and focus both of these despite it being bright and sunny. The articulating LCD makes it nice because you can move it around to to get better visibility when focusing. Also, I couldn't have gotten that top shot on a flat LCD without getting a face full of spikes.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Interesting shots - I like the light on the first.
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hanging on to the hex hey mate:smile:

Its a bit hard to see on my iPhone but is the second picture a dead rat?
  4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    You got a lot closer to that creature in the second creature than I would've cared to with a 24mm lens. I'm generally not too squeamish, but I don't like rodents, alive or dead. That shot puts my in mind of Nine Inch Nails video for the song "Hurt".

Very elemental shots. B&W was a good choice. The lighting on the first one is great.
  5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I really like the Hex's (50/1.4 and the 24/2.8). The second shot is a dead mole. In fact, I think it's a Pacific mole. It's not my favorite shot but my son asked me to post it (he's nine). He was very excited to find that.
    • Like Like x 2