Fun thread! What is your favourite Cologne/Fragrance?

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I never realised how big the Cologne/Fragrance industry is until I had my eyes opened recently. I had some time to burn so I idly walked around the shop until I came to the Perfume section. For some reason I had never noticed it before but now it caught my attention. 1/4 of a floor dedicated to perfumes!
The salesman there was insanely good and he was very happy to have made my wallet a little less heavy. I ended up purchasing a few, here's one of them.

What is your favourite Fragrance? There must be some Perfume connoisseur's around here I'm sure. Take a picture and show us your favourite:)

To kick off, here's my current favourite one by Emanuel Ungaro called 'Ungaro the III' (GF1 and 45mm Rokkor @ f2.0)

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/6908475913/" title="my favourite by iconindustries, on Flickr"> View attachment 192072 "1024" height="576" alt="my favourite"></a>​

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
That's a nice photo. I use none. I like to smell like a fresh shower or a bar of soap. Luckily my wife agrees.

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
The dogs prefer for me to smell like work and travel, so they can tell what I've been up to all day. :)

My favorite cologne is Giorgio Armani's Gio. An old classic.

Mr Hahn

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Nate
At work it's the classic Old Spice aftershave and deodorant.

At play its Giorgio Armani's Gio.

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
If you slather the perfume on too heavy, the answer may be "no". When you use it, it should be a hint. Just enough so your target must get in closer to drink it in. If you can smell it from a couple feet away, you're using it wrong. If the smell precedes you into a room, you are also using it wrong. :smile:

sprinke

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Debi
If you slather the perfume on too heavy, the answer may be "no". When you use it, it should be a hint. Just enough so your target must get in closer to drink it in. If you can smell it from a couple feet away, you're using it wrong. If the smell precedes you into a room, you are also using it wrong. :smile:
:thiagree:

Also, fragrances "bloom" -- take on a different character after a while. Works best if you dab a little on pulse points ... your body heat will affect the scent. Whoo!

avidone

Mu-43 Top Veteran

YES! Please don't be a Cologne Crime, Any scent, no matter how nice in the right setting becomes an act of aggression when overdone.

Personally I also like to smell of clean and soap (which has its own scents of course), but unless the weather is right and one moves around without breaking the least sweat, that only holds for a couple of hours and you can't take 10 showers a day.

When I use scent I usually use either Vetiver de Guerlain, or 4711 Echt Koelnische Wasser in warmer weather. Both are classics and particular without being overbearing. The first is older than me by a few years, from the late 1950's and the second is I guess a few hundred years old, one of the original "Cologne waters" which were of course originally those diluted scents from the city of the same name. I have used Vetiver since the early 1980's and grew up using 4711--we considered it appropriate to use on men, women, children, dogs, etc.

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

So how would you apply it to your body? On the neck and wrists?

What is your favourite Luke?

sprinke

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Debi
So how would you apply it to your body? On the neck and wrists?
That's what I learned ... NOT on your clothes.

In an old article I read once that ladies can also apply it to certain areas, ahem, under the skirt, but that doesn't really apply to you. :rofl:

Unless you're planning to don that kilt again?

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Here are mine

I am sorry mate ,infact I was the first one to see ur thread but got busy with the hospital . Now I love Ralph lauren's Blue Pony , CK's Eternity and Azzaro Chrome . Out of all this Blue Pony kills more females than anything else . Now remember when opposite sex is dying , I need to resuscitate them as a doctor ...hhaahhah ( I won't mention that someone gets seduced within seconds with me and my blue Pony ) I apply it on my neck and wrists ,behind ears , some times slight on hairs as well.As someone points out if its subtle then it works the best .
Anyway here are the shots of stuff which is part of my daily life .And yes Ned these are OOC JPEGs
Cheers
Bhupinder

P2223846.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P2223837.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom