Fun thread! What is your favourite Cologne/Fragrance?

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Iconindustries, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I never realised how big the Cologne/Fragrance industry is until I had my eyes opened recently. I had some time to burn so I idly walked around the shop until I came to the Perfume section. For some reason I had never noticed it before but now it caught my attention. 1/4 of a floor dedicated to perfumes!
    The salesman there was insanely good and he was very happy to have made my wallet a little less heavy. I ended up purchasing a few, here's one of them.

What is your favourite Fragrance? There must be some Perfume connoisseur's around here I'm sure. Take a picture and show us your favourite:)

To kick off, here's my current favourite one by Emanuel Ungaro called 'Ungaro the III' (GF1 and 45mm Rokkor @ f2.0)

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/6908475913/" title="my favourite by iconindustries, on Flickr">"1024" height="576" alt="my favourite"></a>​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    That's a nice photo. I use none. I like to smell like a fresh shower or a bar of soap. Luckily my wife agrees.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The dogs prefer for me to smell like work and travel, so they can tell what I've been up to all day. :)

My favorite cologne is Giorgio Armani's Gio. An old classic.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    My husband and I feel the same about each other.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I've been using bvlgari xtreme for mpre than 8years now...

I dont like to experiment with perfumes

• Like Like x 1
  6. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    On another note ... does this mean that icon is going courtin'?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    He's wookin' pa nub. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    this, except i only have dog, not dogs

lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    At work it's the classic Old Spice aftershave and deodorant.

At play its Giorgio Armani's Gio.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iconindustries

:wink: I'm not sure myself yet.

11. Iconindustries

I'm surprised Bhuphinder hasn't commented yet. Are you ok mate? ;-)

12. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    If you slather the perfume on too heavy, the answer may be "no". When you use it, it should be a hint. Just enough so your target must get in closer to drink it in. If you can smell it from a couple feet away, you're using it wrong. If the smell precedes you into a room, you are also using it wrong. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  13. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    :thiagree:

Also, fragrances "bloom" -- take on a different character after a while. Works best if you dab a little on pulse points ... your body heat will affect the scent. Whoo!

• Like Like x 2
  14. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Depends on what season of the year it is....:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  15. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    YES! Please don't be a Cologne Crime, Any scent, no matter how nice in the right setting becomes an act of aggression when overdone.

Personally I also like to smell of clean and soap (which has its own scents of course), but unless the weather is right and one moves around without breaking the least sweat, that only holds for a couple of hours and you can't take 10 showers a day.

When I use scent I usually use either Vetiver de Guerlain, or 4711 Echt Koelnische Wasser in warmer weather. Both are classics and particular without being overbearing. The first is older than me by a few years, from the late 1950's and the second is I guess a few hundred years old, one of the original "Cologne waters" which were of course originally those diluted scents from the city of the same name. I have used Vetiver since the early 1980's and grew up using 4711--we considered it appropriate to use on men, women, children, dogs, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Iconindustries

So how would you apply it to your body? On the neck and wrists?

What is your favourite Luke?

17. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    That's what I learned ... NOT on your clothes.

In an old article I read once that ladies can also apply it to certain areas, ahem, under the skirt, but that doesn't really apply to you. :rofl:

Unless you're planning to don that kilt again?

18. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Here are mine

I am sorry mate ,infact I was the first one to see ur thread but got busy with the hospital . Now I love Ralph lauren's Blue Pony , CK's Eternity and Azzaro Chrome . Out of all this Blue Pony kills more females than anything else . Now remember when opposite sex is dying , I need to resuscitate them as a doctor ...hhaahhah ( I won't mention that someone gets seduced within seconds with me and my blue Pony ) I apply it on my neck and wrists ,behind ears , some times slight on hairs as well.As someone points out if its subtle then it works the best .
    Anyway here are the shots of stuff which is part of my daily life .And yes Ned these are OOC JPEGs
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

P2223846. P2223837.

19. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

For me, it's soap and water ... and nothing else.

I like a woman to wear Chanel No. 5 ... and nothing else. :cool:

• Like Like x 1