Fun at Wrigley Field

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by jbuch84, Apr 3, 2011.

1. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Just recently went to see a Cubs game in Wrigley Field and took along my GF2 with the 14mm lens and the 45-200mm lens. Was a fun game, even though I'm a Cardinals fan :)  Below are some pictures I took, just a few for now since i just got home and need to sleep..but plan to post more soon. I think the gf2 and 45-200mm did just fine in the overcast conditions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Great set.

Thanks for sharing. I'd like to tell you which I like best, but I like them all...

Alan

3. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    Terrific shots - and just more proof of what this gear is capable of, in good hands.

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

A very good selection - the b&w shot looks like it could be from the 1940s.

5. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Thanks guys, was a fun trip! Hope to travel to more stadiums this summer and get some more practice :) 

btw, all these shots were taken from the right field foul pole for the most part. Really shows you how well the 45-200mm can perform with a little patience!

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I like the B&W. I see a nice series with the 14mm ... overviews of ballparks.

7. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    haha, i actually have a trip like that in mind :)  Right now I'm trying to figure out if I should invest in a 7-14mm or 100-300mm for the next series. I already have the 14mm pancake, and the 14-45mm.. thats so many lenses that hit 14mm, i think i need to sale something :) 

8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I wouldn't have thought the 200mm was enough reach from the foul pole. But they all look great.
    Go Brewers!

9. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    When you get to Dodger and Angel Stadiums give me a call ... the hot dogs and Crackerjacks are on me.

10. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yeah, very nice shots. I was wondering about where you were shooting from Did the 45-200 get that close on its own in the second shot (closeup of batter swinging) or is that also cropped? I have a partial season ticket for the Phillies right by the left field pole, but up in the second level. I didn't take the camera to the first game we went to this year on Sunday, but was planning to. I figured I'd have to walk around to get at all close, even with a long lens, but these are pretty encouraging...

-Ray

11. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Gary, will do!

Ray, it really surprised me. Granted it's my first tele-zoom but I thought it did well considering the price. The picture of the batter mid swing is actually cropped. I will try and post the full frame image once I get home from work.

Luke, Brewers may just top the cards this year. We aren't looking very tough lol

12. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Fantastic shots! Living here in Chicago (I used to live 1 block from Wrigley) I can attest to the fact that it's a great place to capture photos. I have the exact same "Hey Hey" shot. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.