1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fun at Wrigley Field

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by jbuch84, Apr 3, 2011.

1. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Just recently went to see a Cubs game in Wrigley Field and took along my GF2 with the 14mm lens and the 45-200mm lens. Was a fun game, even though I'm a Cardinals fan :) Below are some pictures I took, just a few for now since i just got home and need to sleep..but plan to post more soon. I think the gf2 and 45-200mm did just fine in the overcast conditions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Great set.

Thanks for sharing. I'd like to tell you which I like best, but I like them all...

Alan

3. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    Terrific shots - and just more proof of what this gear is capable of, in good hands.

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

A very good selection - the b&w shot looks like it could be from the 1940s.

5. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Thanks guys, was a fun trip! Hope to travel to more stadiums this summer and get some more practice :)

btw, all these shots were taken from the right field foul pole for the most part. Really shows you how well the 45-200mm can perform with a little patience!

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I like the B&W. I see a nice series with the 14mm ... overviews of ballparks.

7. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    haha, i actually have a trip like that in mind :) Right now I'm trying to figure out if I should invest in a 7-14mm or 100-300mm for the next series. I already have the 14mm pancake, and the 14-45mm.. thats so many lenses that hit 14mm, i think i need to sale something :)

8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I wouldn't have thought the 200mm was enough reach from the foul pole. But they all look great.
    Go Brewers!

9. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    When you get to Dodger and Angel Stadiums give me a call ... the hot dogs and Crackerjacks are on me.

10. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yeah, very nice shots. I was wondering about where you were shooting from Did the 45-200 get that close on its own in the second shot (closeup of batter swinging) or is that also cropped? I have a partial season ticket for the Phillies right by the left field pole, but up in the second level. I didn't take the camera to the first game we went to this year on Sunday, but was planning to. I figured I'd have to walk around to get at all close, even with a long lens, but these are pretty encouraging...

-Ray

11. jbuch84

jbuch84 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    James
    Gary, will do!

Ray, it really surprised me. Granted it's my first tele-zoom but I thought it did well considering the price. The picture of the batter mid swing is actually cropped. I will try and post the full frame image once I get home from work.

Luke, Brewers may just top the cards this year. We aren't looking very tough lol

12. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Fantastic shots! Living here in Chicago (I used to live 1 block from Wrigley) I can attest to the fact that it's a great place to capture photos. I have the exact same "Hey Hey" shot. :)

• Like Like x 1