Fun at the State Capital

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by franklyspeaking, Mar 20, 2011.

1. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Mu-43 Regular

Here are a few from the state capital...

I had a lot of fun walking around and snapping these.

Any critique is more than welcome.

5543328485_1fd7cee7df_b.

5543908186_944ff698f3_b.

4735995365_4360ef55d6_b.

This last one isn't MU-43 but I'd thought I'd share...

5319385821_2e22f67ffa_b.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jpejar

jpejar Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2011
    Turku, Finland
    Good looking pics. Lived in Grapevine for 5 years when I was younger, can't remember if I ever visited the state capitol or not. What lens was the first one shot with? Very interesting dof going on.

3. franklyspeaking

Thanks. It was the Oly 17mm pancake. I used the tilt/shift filter in the camera.

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Hey, you can't do that - don't you know that lens is terrible. Jeez, one more person who didn't get the memo!

I love the old color film look of the second one and the motion blur and overall graininess of the third. Was that the built in filter or post processing?

-Ray

5. franklyspeaking

Thanks. It was just the built in filter on the third while the second pic was done entirely in post. Overall, I'm very impressed with the quality of the filters in the camera and so I rely on them a lot since it saves a lot of time on the back end.

As for the 17mm, I love that little lens. I know a lot of folks aren't fans of it but it fits my needs and the price was right. I'm just a hobbyist anyway so most of what gets in the way of me making great images is me, not the gear.

6. franklyspeaking

Oh yea on the third image, I think I got pretty lucky with since texas rangers won't allow their pictures to be taken. I really like the way it turned out though. It is like the ghosts of the old cowboys walking through the heart of Texas.

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Couldn't have said it better and I've tried many times! I love that lens too.

-Ray

8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Great shots...all of 'em.