1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fumbling about

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by zorki1, Oct 22, 2012.

1. zorki1

zorki1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2010
    I was shooting the Zombie Fest friday night and noticed I acidently hit buttons somehow and kept changing ISO,very frustrating. It came to a head the next day, I was asked to shoot a local band and they had chosen a train trestle as their background. We arrived and no longer got set up than here comes a train! The shoot turned into a frenzy, the ISO changed itself three times as the train whizzed past. I think Ive found a remedy, I use the control panel in the viewfinder to make adjustments on the fly. It appears that whichever item is used last remains "on" , so having changed ISO that left the buttons "live", sort of. What I came up with is to set the item selected in the menu to microphone on and off. That way if I acidently hit the wrong buttons, all I do is turn the mic on and off rather than something else critical to the shoot. We will see how this works out, I didnt have a problem the rest of the day. Sound reasonable, or is there another solution other than stop being a klutz?

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    ...you might want to mention your camera model ...

My newer bodies have the menu-wheel set to 'locked' or flash-EV-comp so that their turning doesn't mess with any important settings.

3. zorki1

zorki1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2010
    Sorry, OMD.