Fumbling about

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by zorki1, Oct 22, 2012.

1. zorki1

zorki1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2010
    I was shooting the Zombie Fest friday night and noticed I acidently hit buttons somehow and kept changing ISO,very frustrating. It came to a head the next day, I was asked to shoot a local band and they had chosen a train trestle as their background. We arrived and no longer got set up than here comes a train! The shoot turned into a frenzy, the ISO changed itself three times as the train whizzed past. I think Ive found a remedy, I use the control panel in the viewfinder to make adjustments on the fly. It appears that whichever item is used last remains "on" , so having changed ISO that left the buttons "live", sort of. What I came up with is to set the item selected in the menu to microphone on and off. That way if I acidently hit the wrong buttons, all I do is turn the mic on and off rather than something else critical to the shoot. We will see how this works out, I didnt have a problem the rest of the day. Sound reasonable, or is there another solution other than stop being a klutz?

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    ...you might want to mention your camera model ...

My newer bodies have the menu-wheel set to 'locked' or flash-EV-comp so that their turning doesn't mess with any important settings.

3. zorki1

zorki1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 26, 2010
    Sorry, OMD.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.