Full Frame Friday the 13th

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Is it bad luck to order your first full frame digital camera on Friday the 13th? Well, thirteenth shmirteenth I say.

I love my m43 gear and have no intention of abandoning the format, but sometimes I get unsolicited notices that tempt me to explore horizons. Lately I have been battling the "Oh what have I got to lose?" demon. Today I succumbed to temptation.

So, because I've convinced myself that 1198.00 is a decent price for a brand new 42 MP full frame camera I spent some time on the phone this morning with a wonderful person from B&H who assured me I can't go wrong. In fact, if I wanted to be doubly sure I was making the right decision I should probably take advantage of the availability and the low price of the Sigma 24-70 2.8 DG DN lens to plug the hole in the front of the camera...So I did.

I think this camera will be more for landscapes than my walk around, everyday M43 gear. We'll see. I am a little curious about the Sigma 150-600 and I may pick one of those up just in case I want to drag my 675 lb SLIK tripod out of mothballs for birding in the bush. If it doesn't work out the tripod should make a good teepee frame if I decide to take a nap in the forest.

Anyway. The gear is in the mail and I should have it in a few days unless someone decides to lock down interstate commerce again. I'll post some images in the appropriate forum when I get a chance to try it out and wait for the files to download! ;)

Real Name
Danny
Well my new Sony was a few weeks ago, but an A7RIV with the 200-600. I already shoot with the original A7 and I really like Sony FF. Same as I like their APS-C cameras.

You will love it and the A7RII is a great camera for landscapes. All the best and good on you Will, nice to see.

Danny.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom