Fukuoka City

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by HelgenX, Aug 18, 2012.

1. HelgenX

HelgenX Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    I take various pictures here, usually at night because I feel the night time and dark photography in general is an overall better look. You have full control of the night, it's what you make of it. Good or bad, you decide.

Cameras: Olympus E-P1 and 2
    Lenses: Canon FD 28mm F2 and Samyang 7.5mm F3.5
    Tripod: Gorillapod SLR with ball head

Please feel free to visit my blog directly, or my site:

NY-Nippon > blog for photo blog, or NY-Nippon for direct. Thanks for viewing!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Great use of the fisheye. I love the third one!
  3. Chris Malikoff

Chris Malikoff Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Looking at this lens myself, and your third image has convinced me that I should include one in my bag. Very nicely done.
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Love the fisheye - very nice!
  5. HelgenX

HelgenX Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 5, 2012
    Thank you all very much! I always seen fisheye lenses being used for skateboarding, and never for serious photography... Why? Because it distorts it's view? Isn't photography an art, isn't distortion a form of art (well, abstract at least.) I want to use the fisheye to capture large lanscapes or extreme views of something that simply has to be fully viewed in a large portion of an angle... And that's what I use it for. I hope you all feel the same, and decide to give a fisheye a shot with serious photography as well.