FujiFilm xt4

bbarnett51

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This camera could really peak my interest! Adding IBIS and a bigger battery addresses the main concerns I had with the xt3. I can build a Fuji kit just as small as my Oly kit. The biggest drawback to me is the worming in Adobe products. They have got to fix that! I refuse to change my work flow.
Anyone looking at picking one up?

It's about time Fuji came up with IBIS in the XT line but the XT4 is getting pretty hefty. I have an XT2 and quite a few lenses but recently got an EM 10 2 and an Oly 25 f/1.8 and a Pana 14mm f/2.5 and that kit, with IBIS, cant be replicated by Fuji. If not for a few complications, spouse included, :blush: I would happily move to M43.....the cornucopia of M43 lenses makes my head spin! The f/2.8 zooms, for example, put the Fuji equivalents in the heavy masonary category.....so no, the XT4 is not for me...and the flippy screen rather than the tilt screen of XT2,3 is the nail in the coffin.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Looks like a great camera, shame I don't have the funds for two systems.
Fully articulated screen is a shame but I can see why.
I thought I saw a previous rumor where they were going to use a screen like the Panasonic one below, the best of both worlds
Hopefully we will see more if this type on coming cameras
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pluttis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
This camera could really peak my interest! Adding IBIS and a bigger battery addresses the main concerns I had with the xt3. I can build a Fuji kit just as small as my Oly kit. The biggest drawback to me is the worming in Adobe products. They have got to fix that! I refuse to change my work flow.
Looks to be a some good improvments, it seams to be quite much thicker than the X-T3...around 5mm it seams.

It all depends on which lenses you are going to use, once you step outside the small primes and slower zooms most of the Fuji lenses are noticable bigger and heavier.
X-T4 will be bigger and heavier than Olympus E-M1 MarkIII.

If you want best image quality from Fuji go with Capture One

Personally i want buy one, have tried and shot quite a bit with Fuji cameras and lenses, came to the conclution that compared to my m43 system it dose not really do anyting much better worth switching system. If i ever would switch system again i would go back to full frame.

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm really considering switching systems, but why oh why can't Fuji put a proper grip on the X-T4? The small grip is fine for their set of compact primes, but not enough for the bigger lenses. The small grip defeats one of the advantages of crop sensors IMHO: the small (tele-)zooms.

Olympus and Panasonic got that right in their flagship cameras.

robcee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rob Campbell
"pique". :)

But yes, they are nice. No, I'm not getting one. I'm actually not a fan of the retro dials on the top plate. They look cool, but are not as convenient as the 2x2 control scheme on the Olys. I don't think the images are any better, though they do have some nice in-camera photo simulations.

bbarnett51

Mu-43 Top Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Latest rumors have the xt4 at 6.5 stops of stabilization and 100% improvement in AF over the xt3. All for $1700. That’s impressive

Pluttis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Yeah its impressive if true but lets see how it perform in reality...Fuji claimed 5.5 stop IBIS with X-H1 but in reality you got roughly 3.5 stop with normal to tele lenses. 100% inprovment in AF performance sounds a bit to good to be true.

But no dubt X-T4 will be a great camera for the money.

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
I played with a number of cameras today because I was in FNAC in Lille and they were there! I played with the XT3, XH1, XPro, and the XT30. None of them felt as good in the hand as the Oly EM1.2.

- The two-dial control system might be mirroring the analogue era, but it’s clumsy compared to the PASM system in my opinion. Aperture rings don’t lend themselves well to quick adjustment with the camera to the eye. Spinning a control wheel is a lot easier

- The front and rear dials are harder use than the Oly equivalents. The exp comp dial on the XT3 is impossible to use with the thumb alone. Maybe you can program the rear dial to do it instead, but I didn't find that too comfortable to use either.

- They all feel a bit “hollow” - perhaps a bit of a pointless thought, but there you go!

- The zooms all look a lot bigger than the m43 equivalents.

- The positioning of the dials on the XT30 is particularly awkward. I found I got cramp in my hand pretty quickly.

Picking up the EM1.2 after the Fujis was a pleasure. I know I’m used to them, but the ergonomics just felt better. I also found the handling on the Nikon Z6/7 and the Panasonic G9 to be excellent too - so I’m not just being biased.

bbarnett51

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I played with a number of cameras today because I was in FNAC in Lille and they were there! I played with the XT3, XH1, XPro, and the XT30. None of them felt as good in the hand as the Oly EM1.2.

- The two-dial control system might be mirroring the analogue era, but it’s clumsy compared to the PASM system in my opinion. Aperture rings don’t lend themselves well to quick adjustment with the camera to the eye. Spinning a control wheel is a lot easier

- The front and rear dials are harder use than the Oly equivalents. The exp comp dial on the XT3 is impossible to use with the thumb alone. Maybe you can program the rear dial to do it instead, but I didn't find that too comfortable to use either.

- They all feel a bit “hollow” - perhaps a bit of a pointless thought, but there you go!

- The zooms all look a lot bigger than the m43 equivalents.

- The positioning of the dials on the XT30 is particularly awkward. I found I got cramp in my hand pretty quickly.

Picking up the EM1.2 after the Fujis was a pleasure. I know I’m used to them, but the ergonomics just felt better. I also found the handling on the Nikon Z6/7 and the Panasonic G9 to be excellent too - so I’m not just being biased.
I personally think the EM1ii is the best handling camera I have ever used.

bbarnett51

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Looking at all the footage, the IBIS looks like crap on video and certainly doesn’t touch Oly on photo or video. Its better than nothing but certainly doesn’t stack up to what we are used to. Other than that it looks like a pretty solid offering.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom