1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Fujifilm XF1 $199.00 on Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Everhandy, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Everhandy

Everhandy Guest

Here's an impressive compact that originally MSRP'd for $499.00 and is now selling for peanuts. I just got mine today and took a couple of quick shots out of the box and was stunned at the results. Here's a quick sample:

<a href=http://year77.com/images/Exports/DSCF1004.jpg>http://year77.com/images/Exports/DSCF1004.jpg"></a>

This little beauty has bokeh that would make a DSLR blush. Sharpness is very impressive as well. Auto WB is the best I've seen yet in a compact. I love the manual zoom lens.
    Brilliant JPEG output (better than Oly?, I think so).
    This camera is a bargain at twice this price. I can't wait to go out street shooting with it.

The link:

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-XF1-Digital-Camera-Black/dp/B0095F5AFQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385092238&sr=8-1&keywords=xf1"]http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-XF1-Digital-Camera-Black/dp/B0095F5AFQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385092238&sr=8-1&keywords=xf1[/URL]

2. broody

broody Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    I considered this camera back when it was $400. Very nice deal, considering it's a mini-X10 which in turn is a mini-X100 :) I went for an XZ1 instead, but I hated the flimsy ring on the lens and the power zoom. Now that is gathering dust, glad you're enjoying the Fuji.

3. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Wow, nice price. Does anyone know how this compares to the new Xq1? Is the new one same cam/lens but with less fiddly lens mechanism ?

4. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    I do not need another camera. I do not need another camera. I do not need another camera.
    I do not need another camera. I do not need another camera. I do not need another camera.

• Like Like x 3
  5. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    If I didn't buy it for $179 + tax a few weeks ago, why would I buy it for $199 + tax now?

6. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    I have six camera at home already ... but this looks really good for the price.

• Like Like x 1
  7. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    The XQ1 uses the X20's sensor while the XF1 uses the X10's sensor. Besides that, Fuji addressed the big complaints people had about the XF1. The XQ1 has a standard on/off switch, an electronic zoom, and a higher resolution screen.

Having used the XF1 before, my only complaint is that the screen resolution was low for a camera in that market segment. But I guess people used to compact cameras didn't like the manual zoom.

I don't think that justifies the $250 price difference though....

8. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I should add that the main reason I don't have an XF1 is because I bought a Lumia 1020. It also has a 2/3 sensor and will soon have RAW capability. It didn't make sense to carry around two cameras like that, and if I was going to carry a dedicated camera it was going to be a m4/3.

9. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    Impressive compact, definitely worth considering for those in this market, very nice image quality there.

10. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    If you bought one with the gearshop $50 coupon less than 30 days ago, you can try to have Amazon/Gearshop price match the current price. Then they should also take the $50 coupon off as well making it $150.