Fujifilm XE1 with 18-55 $999

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by absolutic, Apr 8, 2013.

1. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    I bought the same kit from these guys last night and paid $30 more. Today I noticed that they reduced the price to $999 for this kit with Free Expedited Internl Delivery. That kind of pissed me off that they reduced the price by $30 in less than 24 hours since I paid for it, but it is the best price I've ever seen for this kit, the normal price everywhere is $400 more. Plus tax. I am not going to complain since they are delivering it in 1 (!) day from Honk Kong to me in the US for free, but I just wanted to pass a good deal along.

Fujifilm x E1 Silver with XF 18 55 mm F2 8 4R Lens Kit 1Year Warranty S3478 | eBay

or

Fujifilm x E1 Silver with XF 18 55 mm F2 8 4R Lens Kit 1Year Warranty S3478 | eBay

2. mbbinvt

mbbinvt Mu-43 Regular

Mar 28, 2012
    Interesting. Can you let us know how it works out with this seller, whether they do get it to you overnight, etc.?
    Thanks.

3. harryz

harryz Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Igor
    :rolleyes:
    How believes in that?

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

5. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    I bought one of those kits when it was about $1050. Shipping was pretty fast, like 3 days for standard delivery.

The "kit" was an X-E1 in an original "body only" Fuji box, and a broken 18-55 in a generic white box with "Canon 18-250mm" on it (probably a refurb box).

I had a bit of trouble sending it back, but not too bad.

They have a good rating on eBay, I hope it works out better for you than it did for me.

6. aquavf

aquavf Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 26, 2012
    thanks for the info. Is there import duty on camera from HK to US? And do they charge custom brokerage fee or any other fee?

7. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    I've never been charged anything like that, I think those charges are the seller's responsibility, but I don't know.

8. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    All import duties, taxes, etc. are the buyer's responsibility. Always. The buyer is the one bringing the goods into the country and responsible for any additional costs imposed by the government and/or brokerage costs charged by the shipper.

For most European countries, this means a nominal fee for the shipping comany's processing through customs (15 bucks), any duties that apply, plus VAT (19-21% in most EU countries).

9. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    I'll let you guys know after I come home from work and inspect the package.

Looks like it (whatever it is) is on a Fedex Truck. 1 day FREE delivery from the other side of the planet is amazing though, the world is definitely getting smaller.

10. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    No custom duties on cameras to the United States

Unlike Europe, There are no customs duty on cameras in the USA
    Import duty & taxes calculation result

11. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Interesting, I had to pay taxes/import fees on a lens from DigitalRev both times I ordered from them (shipping from HK via FedEx).

12. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    I'd rather pay $1080 for a Like New condition on Amzon warehouse
    The 98% feedback for ebayer is scary

13. bwidjaja

bwidjaja Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2012
    I had a good experience from this seller when i got X-E1 bundled with 35mm. They came in separate boxes; both new. No issues whatsoever and no customs either. The 1 day shipping is real and i am still amazed by it. This is tempting since I am considering to get the zoom lens.

14. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I wanted to try that camera when it came out. I have my OM-D though.

15. thaiusmle

thaiusmle Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2013
    Did they charge you an import/custom fee? Thanks.

16. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Not a penny

17. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Keep us posted! When I did this through DigitalRev, I had to pay customs fees to FedEx but they mailed a bill to me later in an envelope that I had to mail back a check with.

I'm very curious if you'll experience something similar, since both companies are shipping from Hong Kong and both are shipping camera equipment, both through FedEx.

18. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Pretty sure FedEx does this for all international parcels . There is definitely an envelope to be expected in the mail .

19. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Yeah just to clarify... what they do is FedEx pays any customs/import fees for you up front, then charge you the fees later plus a "convenience" or financing fee for their trouble. IIRC on a $999 purchase it was around $20-30 total cost, and I think it was like $7 or $8 of that that went to Fedex fees.