Fujifilm X-A1 with 16-50mm and 50-230mm Lens Bundle - $525!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Narnian, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  2. Wolfeye

Wolfeye Mu-43 Regular

Mar 20, 2015
    Iowa
    It's a smartphone link.

3. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Oops. Fixed.

That was for my wife. She probably wonders why I sent her a camera link.

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Regarding that Fire Phone. I picked one up last week for $160. I don't need a new phone, but my Prime subscription is due soon, so the one-year of Prime effectively knocks $100 off the price. I also needed to replace some lost headphones and the pair included with this phone are pretty decent. At that point the true cost of the phone was in the $40-50 range, so I figure it will be handy as a backup if nothing else. (At least that's how I was able to justify it to myself).

The phone is basically locked to the Amazon AppStore which is a bit annoying, but it's got some interesting UI features.

5. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    If you need to there is a way to side-load the Google Play store. I did so on my Fire tablet. Works fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I sort of figured there was some sort of workaround/hack. I'm not really fired up about it enough at this point to research it further. But thanks for the information.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.