1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fujifilm sold 100 000 x100 cameras

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Wolf, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Grass is greener on the other side of the fence ,isnt it?? hahahah
    I woudnt pick Fuji just because u r crippled with with fixed lens . I would pick up pentax K5 instead if I have to pick up a DSLR.There are too many problems with FUji X100 and lets hope Fuji rectifies them in newer model.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

3. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Neah, i love my 4/3 gear

but i had a k5 and didn't like it
    the X100 isn't a dslr :)

4. Bhupinder2002

I also love my MFT gear and I think offer u a best system with limited limitations .I meant APS-C size sensor. I dont like Fuji X100 either .It has so many problems .
    I am sticking to my EPL2 till last breath( EPL2's last breath and not mine ) LoL
    :rofl:
    I will definately buy Olympus OM-D
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

5. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Though that's the reason that the street shooter types love it.

It is kind of a nice camera. The slow auto focus speeds are what kept me from it. Sadly though early reports are saying that they haven't fixed that with the X-Pro.

6. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I'm not familiar with camera sales numbers. Is 100,000 in nine months a lot or a flop?

Fred

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bhupinder2002

I know what u mean , its a really beautiful camera and even X10 took my breath away with its built quality and essentially Olympus EM1 should have been like X10.The AF is quite slow for street photography and I wont keep two different systems for different purposes . I am using my EPL2+ Olympus 45 mm 1.8 for street shots and I love it.It gives u extra reach without intruding into someone's personal space .
    Cheers

8. linkedit

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    The linked article said that the 100k sales number exceeded Fujifilm's expectations.

For a niche camera like the X100 that sounds like a decent #. That or Fuji really had no idea what that camera would sell so they set the sales metric very low.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmmm...
    I guess you don't remember the days when fixed lens rangefinders were selling like wildfire...:wink:

10. Bhupinder2002

I know , I thought of getting it at one stage but then like Fuji is still struggling to get things right . X100 was like olympus P1, and Olympus took three generations to get it right . But I am more impressed with built quality of Fuji products .
    Cheers

11. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Honestly if the lens is fast and good, I wouldn't mind using a fixed lens camera. I started my journey with a 350D + 18-55mm, but after I got the 50mm, I have ended up using it for almost everything. Yes, I have even reversed it for macro/close-up photography. I have had my eyes on the X100, more so after the new X-Pro1 was released but I am not sure about it yet as the OM-D seems more like the camera for me.

Only time will answer the questions I guess. Let's see. And oh, before I forget, I think Fuji did an awesome job of designing the camera and choosing a good lens on it. Even though many suspected that it wouldn't do well with a fixed lens and premium price, Fuji did well for itself.

12. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The thread title confused me... 100,000 x 100 cameras? Why not just say 10,000,000? lol.

Then I opened the link and saw the picture of an X100. xD

13. Bhupinder2002

Its nice to see that Fuji was successful . I dont want them to fail at all .But they need to fix up X100's problems and Pro 1 is quite over priced actually . A body for USD 1699?No away , It should have been 200 dearer than Current X100 like in USD1100-1200 range .

Cheers

14. linkedit

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    If you want to get into that system it'll take $2400 to get in the door.

When you're target market is shaping up to the people that have an M8 on their short list, then that amount isn't bad.

15. fredlong

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Fuji seems to do ok in the consumer market. In the enthusiast/pro area it seems for years they've been firing shots in the dark hoping to find a target. It looks like they've found one with the X100 and are refining it now with the X Pro.

I hope they do well. Variety is good for every one.

Fred

16. fredlong

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Leica M9 with a 35mm/2 Summicron $11,000. Fuji looks like a bargain.

Fred

17. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    U might be crippled with a fixed lens - a lot of us find it rather liberating. And it leads to pretty incredible quality. The quality of the X100, GXR-28, and GRD28 have shown me the advantages of having a fixed lens/sensor package that was designed as one piece. The X100 doesn't have any real enduring problems other than the Sticky Aperture Blade thing which I believe they've finally worked out. The other stuff is just a matter of learning your tools and not expecting it to be something its not. The only thing I'd like to see them change at some point is the way auto-ISO is handled in the menu system - other than that I wouldn't change a thing. And that's far from a deal breaker.

-Ray

• Like Like x 4
  18. linkedit

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    The prices mentioned for the OM-D aren't that far off. Also, I think that the Fuji will hold its value longer. :43: bodies don't seem to as well.

19. Bhupinder2002

U guys are my enemies ..hahaahh luring me for Fuji and now GAS will kick in soon ..hahha I try to stop myself from buying them by finding one or another fault with them , but I think if we discuss too much here I might end up getting Fuji XPro1 lol instead of Olympus OM-D , I keep USD2000 every year for lens and cameras and havent used even a single dollar from this year funds .
    God save me from GAS please .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    :rofl::rofl:

20. linkedit

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    I think that the X-Pro will be a great camera, Though if you already invested in :43: you'd probably be better off spending your $2000 on more lenses for the cameras you already own.