Fujian CCTV lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jüri, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Jüri

Jüri Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2013
    Tartu
    Jüri
    I've been using Fujian CCTV lenses for more or less a year for now and decided to write a brief review on them. Since they've been around for a while now, there's quite a lot of information available, but perhaps someone is still completely unaware of these lenses.

I myself have several native and a few dozen old lenses, but the 35mm Fujian is still probably the one I use the most.

Review

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee Subscribing Member

May 3, 2013
    California
    Nicely done, thanks for sharing. I got the 35mm as my first ever adapted lens, and loved it so much I was eager to try out other CCTV lenses. But the more I researched, the more I came to conclusions like yours -- the 35mm is the best of the bunch, and vignetting is an issue on anything wider.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vignetting is not an issue with the 2x digital teleconverter.

4. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Thanks for the review! I'm glad you did this because it confirms that I really don't need to go out and buy these lenses. I always want to try them; but you did it for me! I guess I still am interested in the 25 though. That swirly bokeh would be fun to play with. Make my friends' hair look all weird :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    The fujians are must own in my book… the 25 & 35! The 50 meh! The other CMounts is the one with the 1 inch diameter.. aka the APS-C CMounts.. they are sharper but don't offer the characteristics that the Fujians do… :) 

6. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    I absolutely love my 35mm Fujian, for a long period of time that was almost what I shot with exclusively. Sadly the 25mm that I got was faulty and feel apart on both ends. I've been wanting to get another 25mm fujian but that first experience has me scared!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.