1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fujian CCTV lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jüri, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Jüri

Jüri Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2013
    Tartu
    Jüri
    I've been using Fujian CCTV lenses for more or less a year for now and decided to write a brief review on them. Since they've been around for a while now, there's quite a lot of information available, but perhaps someone is still completely unaware of these lenses.

I myself have several native and a few dozen old lenses, but the 35mm Fujian is still probably the one I use the most.

Review

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    Nicely done, thanks for sharing. I got the 35mm as my first ever adapted lens, and loved it so much I was eager to try out other CCTV lenses. But the more I researched, the more I came to conclusions like yours -- the 35mm is the best of the bunch, and vignetting is an issue on anything wider.

• Like Like x 1
  3. n3eg

n3eg Mu-43 Regular

Vignetting is not an issue with the 2x digital teleconverter.

4. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Thanks for the review! I'm glad you did this because it confirms that I really don't need to go out and buy these lenses. I always want to try them; but you did it for me! I guess I still am interested in the 25 though. That swirly bokeh would be fun to play with. Make my friends' hair look all weird :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    The fujians are must own in my book… the 25 & 35! The 50 meh! The other CMounts is the one with the 1 inch diameter.. aka the APS-C CMounts.. they are sharper but don't offer the characteristics that the Fujians do… :)

6. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    I absolutely love my 35mm Fujian, for a long period of time that was almost what I shot with exclusively. Sadly the 25mm that I got was faulty and feel apart on both ends. I've been wanting to get another 25mm fujian but that first experience has me scared!