1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fujian 35mm 1.7 or 25mm 1.4?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by colbycheese, Feb 4, 2013.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    which one should i get out of these 2:
    The 35mm:
    Fujian 35mm F1.7 CCTV TV lens Silver+Mount & Macro Ring to EP1 EP2 EP3 GF1 GF2 | eBay
    or the 25mm
    Fujian 25mm F1.4 CCTV TV lens Silver+ Mount & Macro Ring to EP1 EP2 EP3 GF1 GF2 | eBay
    Which one has better sharpness away from the center? i don't care about vignetting but i want to buy whichever one is sharper. Also, i heard some of the adapters don't have a hole for the pin on the mount, making them useless. Do you think this is the same with the included adapter?
    Thanks

2. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I prefer the 35mm... sharpness is outstanding... its my go to lens right now for my e-pm1...

Here is my flickr set of the shots I have taken with my 35mm... Fujian 35mm f1.7 - a set on Flickr

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Don't own the 35mm 1.7, but I opted for the 25mm because of the faster aperture. Center sharpness is pretty good. My only issue with the lens is that it's minimum focus is pretty bad, making it somewhat useless for close-ups. I also owned the Pentax 25mm 1.4, which focuses closer, but the Fujian 25mm is sharper wide open and has a more artistic OOF pattern.

Here's a shot I took with the OMD & Fujian 25 1.4:

Here's the lens mounted on a G3 (they make it in a nifty silver which looks way nicer than the black version):

4. colbycheese

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    so from what i understand:
    The 25mm
    Pros:
    faster aperture
    sharper?
    Cons:
    focus distance
    sharpness across the frame
    35mm
    Pros:
    -better sharpness across frame
    Cons:
    slower aperture

From what i understand, it seems that the 35mm is a better choice. But this is just an a assumption from what ive seen. I still don't know what one to get:mad:

5. edwardconde

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    You can order both from Amazon and still be able to return within 30days if either one doesn't work for you. I got mine for under $30 each and one of them with a c-mount adapter.

I tend to use my 25mm in the 6 x 6 format.. this is cause of the vignetting. But the close focusing distance is not great.. For me I have really

The 25mm has this swirly bokeh on it. Not sure how the other 25mm are... Here is my set on flickr for the 25mm.. as you can see i hardly use it.. Fujian 25mm f1.4 - a set on Flickr

If you are G+, there is a C-MOunt community I am part of.. everyone on there seems to have a different version the 25mm and 35mm..

Come check us out!

6. edwardconde

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Are you shooting Jpeg or raw? Whats your camera settings for the the 1st image? I really dig the look of that image.

7. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I shot it in jpeg and did some post processing afterwards. :smile:

8. colbycheese

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    Thanks. the problem i am having is that i cannot find it on amazon canada. I found a rainbow imaging one for 60 bucks, but i'm not paying that much. I guess ill take my chances.

9. Bertie

Bertie Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 28, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    I have the 25mm and love it passionately. It is on my GX1 more than my Pan 25/1.4. That being said, edge sharpness is far from a strength -- in fact, the lack thereof, paired with its vignette and swirly bokeh are the source of its charm.

If you're looking for a dreamy, otherworldly toy lens, you won't be disappointed, but if you're looking for an ultra budget, sharp, manual focus prime I would just get a Nikon adaptor and start hunting Craigslist or Ebay for old Nikkors. They are truly wonderful lenses and can sometimes be found for virtually nothing -- I just picked up a 50/1.4 for $10 last weekend and it's easily comparable to my Canon 50/ 1.2 in sharpness and the way it renders.

That being said, I can't praise the 25mm C Mount enough -- it's a great look!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. colbycheese

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    thanks for all of the assistance, i decided to buy the 35mm 1.7! i cannot wait. How long did any of your orders take to ship

• Like Like x 1
  11. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Does the 35mm have a close focus distance than the 25mm or is it the same? I also noticed there is 50mm f1.4 on amazon(need to buy the mount separately), is that any good?

12. edwardconde

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have noticed i can focus closer with the 35 over the 25 and 50mm... but add a macro ring to it and you can get pretty close with the 25mm... I am waiting on my 2nd 50mm to come in. This one is silver like my 25 & 35 and comes with a mount and ring...