Fujian 35 1.7 question

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by WT21, Jan 27, 2013.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    I had a fujian 35mm 1.7 before, and it was great. Sharp in the middle, swirly bokeh and weak edges, and a great washed-out flare in strong light.

I stupidly sold it, but recently bought another one. But this one is very different. Soft across the frame. No sharpness at all. No swirly bokeh, and it has an odd flare with ANY lightsource -- even weak ones. I got it off eBay, and I'm not sure if the seller will take it back.

Does anyone know -- is there anything that can be adjusted on a Fujian optically? Any recommendations?

Or, if you have a Fujian that you aren't using, that has a sharp center and swirly bokeh, please PM me as I may be interested in buying, if I can't fix this one in some way.
  2. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    I had one like yours--the second version--and ended up selling it. Mine also had a very mushy focus mechanism, so it was not only soft but hard to 'nail' that soft focus!

The first one you had sounds interesting. Do you think there were different versions, or just wildly inconsistent quality?
  3. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    That sucks. Have you tried taking it apart and messing with it? I did that with mine, I think I twisted the focus a bit too far and it came apart.

Luckily it's a relatively cheap lens- but yeah totally you should return it via ebay, although shipping charges back to China might not be much fun.
  4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    The aperture blades are really very different between the first one and this one. I could just order another one. It's likely QC is really poor, but I'm not sure I want to risk yet another $30.