1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fujian 25mm f/1.4

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by OlyPanda, Aug 16, 2012.

1. OlyPanda

OlyPanda New to Mu-43

May 23, 2012
    First time to post, hello.
    To get things started: I'm looking to buy either the fujian 25mm f/1.4 or the 35mm f/1.7 for low light shooting. The price of these two lenses has gotten me interested. Any thoughts? Shooting on n E-PL3.

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Both lenses are decent, ranging to excellent when you consider the price. They're also very small, which is nice. The 25mm doesn't quite cover the entire :43: sensor so you'll get a bit vignetting.

Check out the sample image threads to get an idea of what each can do:
    • [thread=6795]Fujian 25mm f/1.4 CCTV image thread[/thread]
    • [thread=11083]Fujian 35mm f/1.7 CCTV image thread[/thread]

In terms of amount of fun vs. $ invested, these C-mount lenses are pretty tough to beat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think the 35mm 1.7 handles a bit better due to the focus ring being on front, while the aperture ring is on the rear.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OlyPanda

OlyPanda New to Mu-43

May 23, 2012
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm aware that the 35mm might be a bit better quality wise, but I already own the Olympus 45mm f/1.8, so I'm really considering the 25mm (not like it's a huge investment anyway). Happy to see the positive reviews though. :)

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    • Like Like x 1
  6. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

Some members are very pleased with the Wesley 24mm f1.4. Like the Pentax, it seems to have less swirl in the bokeh but vignettes slightly.

https://www.mu-43.com/f81/wesley-24mm-f-1-4-cctv-image-thread-20953/

But I would vote for the Fujian 25mm. If you're going to use this type of lens, why not go for the full effect? You can always crop the most extreme edge artifacts out and, if you take advantage of its "defects", you can produce some interesting images. Here are a few samples in decreasing order of swirl, from vertigo-inducing to subtle:

Jardin_du_Luxembourg_2011-07-04_013_.

Rue_Saint-Martin_2011-07-07_007_.

Saint-Severin_2011-07-04_002_.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OlyPanda

OlyPanda New to Mu-43

May 23, 2012
    Actually, this lens has gotten me interested, I had never heard of it before..
    It does look nice, and I can't help but to notice that the focusing ring seems to be farther away from the camera body (unlike the Fujian). This, in theory, should be more comfortable to use. Like you said, the effect is limited, I don't really mind that.

PS.: Thanks for the sample pictures!