Showcase Fujian 25mm f/1.4 CCTV

lesioc

Mu-43 Regular
Some photos taken with my c-mount (1") CCTV lens from Fujion.

Very cheap but quick lens, unfortunately with extreme vignetting and distortion on the edges - but anyway I really like the final effect :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

samples with macro extension tube:

View attachment 152015

RetroBoy

Mu-43 Regular
Just so we know, this is the Fujian lens? (Not Fujinon or Fujion...)
Just clarifying because I have the Fujian 25 f1.4 and haven't noticed as much vignetting or distortion as yours shows...

Attachments

lesioc

Mu-43 Regular
Just so we know, this is the Fujian lens? (Not Fujinon or Fujion...)
Thanks for notice, I didn't realized that there are 3 different lenses with the same nominal parameters (25mm/1.4) from so similar named brands. I think that seller mention name Fujion or Fujinon, and this is what I put in the title. But now, I made some investigation, look trough the internet pages, and now I believe that it is most likely Fujian lenses:

1. There is no name on the box nor the lenses - just "TV LENS" inscription, just like on this photo :

2. It is made in China (inscription on the box)

3. Distortions are similar to the one I can see on the photos marked "Fuijan 25mm" from other photograpers

4. Aperture: F/1.4-C

Therefore I change the name of the thread to "Fujian" - but I am not 100% sure jet ;).

RetroBoy said:
Just clarifying because I have the Fujian 25 f1.4 and haven't noticed as much vignetting or distortion as yours shows...
What is the body this picture was taken with? I use Lumix G1 mainly, ane vignetting is always noticeable (when no macro rings are used).

I found some other photos that are marked "Fujian" (or FEiHUA that I belive is name of the manufacturer of the brand "Fujian") and look very similar to mine.
For example here: Manual Focus Lenses :: View topic - FEiHUA (F&H) 25mm F/1.4 CCTV lens (it seems to be taken with Lumix G1 too).

Do you have a photo of your lens? I will try to make a photo of mine later and put it here to clarify this.

RetroBoy

Mu-43 Regular
Oops, sorry my mistake. Mine is the Fujian 35 1.7
I was about to upload a picture when I realised the difference to the one shown in the Flickr link.
Oh well, here's how the 35 1.7 looks...
Sorry for the intrusion!

Attachments

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
the lens has a really nice quality to it. I especially like the one of the parked cars.

billy_pilgrim

Mu-43 Regular
The first one is probably my favorite picture I've taken with this lens. With an E-PL2.

And a couple more:

Photorx12

Mu-43 Regular
Some photos taken with my c-mount (1") CCTV lens from Fujion.

Very cheap but quick lens, unfortunately with extreme vignetting and distortion on the edges - but anyway I really like the final effect :)

samples with macro extension tube:

View attachment 170332
Thanks for the good post, I just ordered a polished colored one and hope to get awesome results like you.

Willabeast

Mu-43 Regular
This is lens I really have a lot of fun with. It's very light and really easy to use if you can remember the focus ring is near the camera, not then end of the lens. It's sharp in the center, even wide open, and has that "lomo" bokeh that gives me vertigo... but in a good way! :cool:

Attachments

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
Just to clarify (again!):

The Fujinan 25mm f/1.4 is NOT a particularly inexpensive lens (prob. > $100 on eBay if you can find one), but is an excellent piece of glass. It's a high-end CCTV lens, made in Japan by the same company that makes Fuji cameras. I managed to score a used one, and it's very nice, though it vignettes too. Its bokeh is more 'conventional', which some may like and some may not.

The Fujian lenses (25mm f/1.4 and 35mm f/1.7) are made in China and ARE very inexpensive lenses (about $30 new for either on eBay). I haven't used either, but I have a 35mm on order--slow shipping from China! These appear to have the swirly bokeh seen on some of the photos in this thread.

Here's some images from the Fujinan 25mm f/1.4 (the expensive one!) taken wide open, showing the bokeh and vignetting:

The second one shows that the lens is actually pretty sharp across the frame (compare the center to the bottom and right corner).

duurtlang

New to Mu-43
Just to clarify (again!):

The Fujinan 25mm f/1.4 is NOT a particularly inexpensive lens (prob. > $100 on eBay if you can find one), but is an excellent piece of glass. It's a high-end CCTV lens, made in Japan by the same company that makes Fuji cameras. I managed to score a used one, and it's very nice, though it vignettes too. Its bokeh is more 'conventional', which some may like and some may not.
Mellow, do you mean fujinon lenses? I cannot find any references to fujinan lenses op ebay or google.. There are fujinon lenses on ebay though around $100..
Sounds really interesting though, and you pictures look really great!

mikeetastic

Mu-43 Regular
im thinking of buying one (Fujian $30-40ish on ebay), what focal length do you suggest since i already have the lumix 20..

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
More with the 25 f1.4

ronnieboy

New to Mu-43
Just got mine yesterday, here is a test shot i took. It has bang for buck quality =)

CharlieL

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom