Fuji XS10 looks good

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Grip looks to good but at the same time when bigger lenses mounted it seems like the space between the lens and grip could be quite tight and cramped which could be a problem if you have bigger hands and mostly use the bigger lenses.
Yes one reviewer did actually comment on the narrow gap between the grip and lens - I do have big hands / fingers (I’m 6 feet 6 inches / about 2 metres tall)

Pluttis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Yeah that plus the small buffer could be a problem depending on shooting style and what you are shooting.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Yes it looks interesting. I'm normally fine with traditional "Fuji" controls or typical DSLR controls. The only time Fuji control bug me is when you add different lenses, some with aperture rings and some without, my favorite two lenses were the 18mm and 27mm primes.

And while interesting (as is the newly rumored 70-300) this would only fit in my collection as a replacement for my E-M1.2. But since it's not weather seal and the E-M1.2 is......

Richard_M

Mu-43 Veteran
My next camera may be a Fuji, but it won’t be this one. I’m smitten with the x100v, and next time I have a grand or so to throw away on something I absolutely don’t need, it’ll be that.
The X100V is fun camera to use. Before getting the X100V I tried an Olympus TG-6. I find the Fuji ticks more boxes for me as a companion compact camera. Photos via my mobile, particularly closeups are not good. More than likely operator error. :)

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
One of the reasons I have so many Fuji bodies. :thumbup:
The justification for x trans when it was introduced was to reduce moire without an AA filter. But resolutions have increased since those days and most manufacturers of regular Bayer sensors no longer use AA filters with no issues of moire. Meanwhile Fuji persist with x trans, despite it causing problems for many raw processors. It's a tech that seems more about marketing than practical benefit.

If x trans had inherent benefits, why didn't they use it with the MF cameras?

Richard_M

Mu-43 Veteran
The justification for x trans when it was introduced was to reduce moire without an AA filter. But resolutions have increased since those days and most manufacturers of regular Bayer sensors no longer use AA filters with no issues of moire. Meanwhile Fuji persist with x trans, despite it causing problems for many raw processors. It's a tech that seems more about marketing than practical benefit.

If x trans had inherent benefits, why didn't they use it with the MF cameras?
Depends on which raw processor one chooses to use. I have no issues with any of my files. I use the same software for the various brands of cameras I use. That includes dedicated software for focus stacking, HDR, and Panoramic processing.

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
Depends on which raw processor one chooses to use. I have no issues with any of my files. I use the same software for the various brands of cameras I use. That includes dedicated software for focus stacking, HDR, and Panoramic processing.
I'm sure that's the case, but LR I know doesn't do a good job with xtrans. It's one of the reasons I've never taken to Fuji since I'm pretty wed to LR. I also prefer the PASM control system so that always been an issue for me too (before this new camera).

MichailK

Mu-43 Top Veteran
interesting but no weather sealing means I am still looking at the E-M5iii (no OLED evf on the E-M1ii and I want OLED now on) - however, this new Fuji means I am not getting an E-M5iii if the price does not go even lower than my pre-XS10 limit of 1K eurodollars, it now stands at 900.

Last edited:

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Some of the early XTrans cameras had an "EXR" mode that allowed doubling up pixels for DR and noise improvements. With my X10, at high ISOs I could choose between a 12MP image that looked like a snowstorm or a nice, clean 6MP image.

ibd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Considering this one really closely. It's near-perfect for my use case, with the only drawbacks being:
- small, old battery
- small, old EVF
- UHS-1 only -- especially weird to me, as the cam has 30fps bursts, or 20fps without a crop. Almost as bad as Olympus using micro USB in 2020 :p
- No weathersealing (minor for me)

At least they finally wisened up in the grip department. That was my immediate point of criticism when the X-T4 came out.

Edit: that 70-300mm they teased, which is also weather sealed, looked nice and compact. Also takes TCs. Looks smaller than Olympus' recent 100-400mm lens.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom