Fuji X30: my first non-olympus camera in almost a decade

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Wes Coleman, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Wes Coleman

Wes Coleman Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Wes Coleman
    Just splurged on an X30 for my partner's birthday (so not technically my camera, I guess) and spent the evening getting it set up. I didn't realize how accustomed to the Olympus menu system I'd become. Aside from some initial confusion, the Fuji menus are pretty easy to navigate.

There's a lot to like about this camera! The EVF is quite nice and the LCD is almost as nice as my E-M5 II. It's also just as big as my Olympus, which is confusing given the sensor is only half the size of a 4/3 sensor, but it handles pretty nicely! Very grippy rubber texture and it feels every bit as solid as my Olympus. The colors look really good straight out of camera, and the film simulation modes are fun to play around with. Haven't had much of a chance to try anything else yet, but it looks like a promising purchase!

Are there any other X10/20/30 owners here who have any tips or suggestions? I think I have it configured pretty well, but I'm sure there are some things I overlooked. Also, I bought it used on Ebay and it seems to be in good condition other than a slight "hiccup" in the zoom action somewhere between the "50mm" and "85mm" ranges. Anybody else notice this?