Fuji X100 samples

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Courtesy of a link from 43Rumors a German site has posted some jpg only samples from the Fuji X100.
43 Rumors | Home

Fuji X100

CORRECTION - samples have now been removed at Fuji's request.

For those who didn't see them - they were jpg only and softish with quite low contrast. However very good high ISO performance. There was a comparison with a Nikon D7000 and the X100 produced "cleaner" files at ISO 3200 & 6400.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Bear in mind that Fuji has not finished the firmware.
Also, even as a jpeg, they can't profile the camera properly yet.
From what I saw... It's a beautiful thing on the horizon.

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bear in mind that Fuji has not finished the firmware.
Also, even as a jpeg, they can't profile the camera properly yet.
From what I saw... It's a beautiful thing on the horizon.

Indeed. I'm sure Fuji have a way to go yet. I still have 4 of the samples sitting on my laptop and looking at them again they are very "clean" with good shadow detail, which promises good things.

Still it looks like it may be here sooner rather than later, and I'm trying to think of ways to avoid buying it. However, to be honest, I'm not trying very hard!!

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Still it looks like it may be here sooner rather than later, and I'm trying to think of ways to avoid buying it. However, to be honest, I'm not trying very hard!!

For sure.... My grands are listed on eBay but no bids yet...
Might list da wife later....
Need cash!

:rofl:

I think it is time for me to go back to that "in stock" site: http://www.nowinstock.net/ Though I have signed up with B&H to be notified and they are quite good.

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I would expect David's avatar to change in the near future...

One day I'll do one holding all my cameras, which means you won't see me!!

Probably not a bad thing!!

I think the moment that I knew I was getting an X100 was when Dpreview wrote:-
"The build quality is absolutely superb. The top and base plates are die-cast using lightweight, high-strength magnesium alloy, and all the controls and dials are milled from solid metal. Overall the X100 gives a rare impression of solidity. Indeed of all current digital cameras, arguably only the Leica M9 can challenge the X100 for its sheer build quality and beauty as an object."

I just love it when they talk dirty!!

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
That one got to me, too, David.

I'd love to see a self portrait of you with all your cameras.:biggrin:

No you really wouldn't - Trust me!

I'm quite happy to take a picture of the cameras.

My motto has always been - I take the pictures, that way I don't have to be in them!!

Grant

Mu-43 Veteran
This is a most unusual thread, only three posters. All three are photographers that actually take pictures. All three are in agreement. The thread is basically about a camera that doesn't exist. Well, it exits as a prototype and it most certainly will exist but as of right now … :frown:

The lack of difference in opinions makes me wonder is it that people that take pictures are different from people that collect cameras? :grouphug:

Or is ti that a sampling of three is just to small? :confused:

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Well, I'm just excited, that's all. I do know that there are some people in real life who have seen and used the camera, seen the prints... However, I do see your point about it "not existing" quite yet.

Think of us as futurists.:tongue:

chylld

Mu-43 Regular
It existed in semi-functional form at CES :) Interestingly I can't find any info on how sharp the big wall prints were, very odd given that these would have been the first "samples" from the camera.

One interesting thing I only found out yesterday was that the X100 will feature "peaking" to assist manual focus. This is something I've wanted for a long, long time :)

You can try as hard or as little as you want, since you'll be waiting a while if you didn't already preorder!

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
It existed in semi-functional form at CES :) Interestingly I can't find any info on how sharp the big wall prints were, very odd given that these would have been the first "samples" from the camera.

One interesting thing I only found out yesterday was that the X100 will feature "peaking" to assist manual focus. This is something I've wanted for a long, long time :)

You can try as hard or as little as you want, since you'll be waiting a while if you didn't already preorder!

What is peaking? Never heard of it before.

All the best,

Colin

chylld

Mu-43 Regular
What is peaking? Never heard of it before.

All the best,

Colin

Peaking is where in-focus areas are highlighted with lines/strokes to assist with manual focus accuracy. On the prototypes at CES, the peaking was green in colour but hopefully it can be changed in a menu of some sort...

floppymoose

Mu-43 Regular
For those who didn't see them - they were jpg only and softish with quite low contrast. However very good high ISO performance. There was a comparison with a Nikon D7000 and the X100 produced "cleaner" files at ISO 3200 & 6400.

Regarding the softness: I believe that the photos were handhelds. One of the lower iso shots was the softest of all, presumably because it was a longer exposure with more time for motion blur.

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-16 at 10.57.52.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-16 at 10.57.52.png
    482.2 KB · Views: 947

Latest threads

Top Bottom