COMPLETED Fuji X100 - cheap....has maco issues | Location: US | Ships: US

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by Luke, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Fuji X100 - cheap....has macro issues
    </br>Prices</br> $425
    </br>Location</br> US
    </br>Ships to</br> US
    </br>Description</br> I have an X100 for sale cheap. When set into macro mode, you will get an error message to turn off camera and then turn on again. What generally causes this message is the lens running into something that keeps it from getting to the point of the item being in focus. Sometimes you can work around the issue using manual focus mode and using the AEL/AFL button to acquire focus...sometimes you will still get the error message. Sending it to Fuji for a cleaning or repair would likely take care of the problem, but it is only a problem that manifests itself focusing on something within less than around 8 inches away. So rather than me paying shipping to and from Fuji and then the repair bill, I thought I'd pass the savings on to someone who doesn't need the macro function. It works perfectly in all other aspects.

Fuji will evaluate it free of charge (except shipping to and fro), but their minimum repair charge is $140. The camera has not been dropped and shows no signs of external damage. My guess is that there is some bit of dust/dirt or debris interfering with the lens travel and that a cleaning would do the job. I would assume that it shouldn't cost more than their minimum charge, but you know what happens when one assumes :wink:

I am pricing it so that even if one should want to take on the repair bill, it would cost the buyer around what a good working version of the camera would cost on the used market. Or don't do the repair, and occasionally struggle with macro issues and have one of the finest compact cameras available for around the cost of a point and shoot. Let my loss be your gain.

It comes with 3 batteries and an aftermarket charger (the original one was lost) as well as an aftermarket lens adapter and vented lens hood. I can add pictures later, but it is in average good condition with some light scuffing on the LCD and a few marks on the body.

I can ship it to any US address for $425 (includes fees and insured shipping).
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method</br> USPS Priority Mail
    </br>Shipping charge</br> included in price (US only)
    </br>Handling time</br> 1 day
    </br>References</br> -
    </br>Additional comments</br> -
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.