1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

[EXPIRED] Fuji X10

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by okinana, May 30, 2012.

1. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Looking for a reasonably priced, aesthetically and functionally sound Fuji X10.

2. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    One was just listed for sale here

• Like Like x 1
  3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    Do we have a new obsession? Looks like a cool camera BTW. I thought about picking one up a few months back. Decided I had too many already.

• Like Like x 1
  4. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hey Kevin, how's everything going my friend? Not really an obsession. Was just toying around with the idea of getting a very capable P&S. I can't find anything better than the X10 as far as my not-so-extensive research has gathered.

Any thoughts on this?

Uwharrie, I think I missed them. There were 2 on sale here a few days ago. Thanks though.

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Keep an eye on Amazon used. There were a few around $380 from Amaon themselves a week ago and I sat on the fence too long....they are back in the mid 400s.

• Like Like x 1
  6. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks for the tip.

7. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Aug 9, 2010
    Things are going well, how about wit you? Has Summer come to Philly yet? With the exception of a few nice days the weather here has been miserable. It's rainy and foggy today...sheesh.

I like the X10. I agree of what you want is a real nice point and shoot I'm not aure you could do any better. If I found one at a good price I'd probably grab one. There are time when I really like using a point and shoot while just walking around. My favorite thing about them is the fact that they all do great macros. That's a big plus for me.

Let me know what you think after you pick one up.

8. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I'd call Fuji North America and find out if they're replace the sensor if you're not the original owner. I think they're being pretty liberal about this but it wouldn't be a bad idea to find out for sure. I think they're starting to do the replacements pretty much now (or very soon) but they don't anticipate that cameras with the new fixed sensors will hit the stores until probably September or later. These are great cameras but if you shoot in well lit areas at night, the orbs are a pretty real problem. If you don't, they'll only pop up occasionally with really bright reflections. I only had one daytime shot ruined by them, but several where they were visible if you looked for them. Night shooting in urban areas is a whole different story though. I'd love to have one of these again once the versions with the new sensors are available...

-Ray

9. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    I've been told by Fuji-US that a receipt will be needed for sensor replacement. Either the original sales receipt, or if you buy used on Amazon that sales receipt. Other folks have been told different by Fuji apparently.

There is also a post on DPR that says B&H now has X10s with new sensors. I may post in the ask B&H thread and see if Chuck can confirm that.

10. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks for all the info Ray, Demiro, Luke, Goshxii and Kevin.