1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fuji X Pro1 or G1X or GX1 ? Which one you will pick?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Now this game has becomes very interesting . Fuji and canon has fired a salvo and MFT needs to respond very quickly . I am very loyal to MFT system and will never ever sell it or change it. I am in love with Olympus EPL2 and the lenses which this system offers. Now things are changing and we have three cameras to choose from .
    1) Panasonic GX1
    2) Canon G1X
    3) Fuji X Pro 1
    Interesting they have all words X and digit 1 in them ..lol
    Anyway which one you will pick ?
    I have decided to get Canon G1X for my wife and of course I will play with it as well . What will be your pick ?
    Cheers
    bhupinder

2. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
  3. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    If I were starting over, GX1 all the way still. The system lets me be flexible in doing work and walking around w/ just a 20mm and being compact.

If I were starting over w/ unlimited money, the GX1 AND the fuji =)

As a current user, the price tag of the fuji turns me off and the G1X isn't what I'm looking for. Both still very interesting to pay attention to though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    At this rate we'll soon have more threads on the forum about other brands than we do for MFT cameras! :biggrin:

5. Bhupinder2002

Ya I agree with u . Its just good to know what others are thinking . I will pick up Canon G1X for my wife and full stop . I mean no more overshooting expenditures and lets hope this camera delivers . Fuji is quite over priced and I won't justify that spending given this camera looks much bigger , chunkier even that X100 . I would stick to MFT and I want APS-C sensor with ILC , then NEX 5N would be my Pick ..
    Cheers

6. Don't worry, I think I'm going to start merging them real soon

7. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    I sympathize. At the moment I'm glad not to be a mod on this forum! :biggrin:

8. davidw

davidw New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2012
    holiday in Hong Kong
    I will stick with MFT GX1. Becuase of price and the existing lens and my legacy lens .

price keep me out of Fuji right now.

9. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Dublin, IE
    Pavel
    As exciting as new cameras are, I will probably stay in the Micro 4/3 camp.

• Like Like x 1
  10. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    The price to play at the Fuji X level is out of my range. I'm sticking to m43. Perhaps there will be some X100s or X10s used once the X-Pro comes out.

I'd like a X10 as a "no-fuss" camera with a longer focal length to boot.

11. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Agree.

12. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    Probably will stick with my plan of getting the GX1.

13. Bhupinder2002

Thanks Nic
    I think we need to do that.Please merge them under one thread.
    Cheers

14. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Not sure why the Canon is in your list as it's not an ILC. If I was a dSLR shooter I'd be tempted to get the Canon as a walk around camera. Without the ability to change lenses I don't see it as much of a choice when you have the Panny and Fuji in the mix.

I'd have to go with the GX1. I am in love with the X-Pro but not with its price. Actually I'm thinking that my next camera may actually be a GH2. I can pick one up for $749 w/14-42 on the EPP site.

15. Bhupinder2002

I am sticking to MFT , I am gonna pick up Canon G1X for my wife. I am keeping my EPL2 and waiting Olympus to release something entirely different and worth upgrading . I think minor upgrades are useless in long run and they just give u satisfaction of having the latest camera body.I haven't seen my skills improving after buying new camera. SO I have decided to stick with what ever I have and buy new lenses.I am eyeing on PL25 1.4 now .
    Cheers

16. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    They don't. :frown:

Sometimes, however, they do after using new camera, but in this case the improvement would almost certainly have been the same if using old camera. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bhupinder2002

Thanks John ..
    I have concluded that I won't change camera bodies so frequently . I did buy EPL3 but sold it as I wasn't very comfortable with it. I love the touch and feel of EPL2 and just love it.This is my second EPL2 . I am enjoying Oly 45mm 1.8 lens and just really not care which camera body it is..Its all about the lenses ..hahahahh
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

18. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    The new Olympus sounds interesting. I wonder if they'll make it look retro (OM) like they did with the Pen.

• Like Like x 1
  19. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Calgary
    Easy decision for me. I am quite heavily invested in :43: lenses so my new GX1 offers everything I'm looking for in a compact AF system camera. From one day to the next, I can even decide if I want the added bulk of a viewfinder or not.

For me, the Fuji X Pro 1 will not offer enough of an advantage over :43: to warrant a complete change in lens systems. Still, it's a beautifully conceived camera .. it ticks all the right boxes for my way of photographing.

As for the Canon G1X, it's just another evolution of Canon's G series. The extra body height needed to fit in that dismal OVF is a design blunder in my opinion .. it still doesn't allow you to frame anything accurately, unlike an EVF.

GX1, G1X .. I think the dyslexic folks out there are going to keep all guessing about which camera to which they are making reference.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bhupinder2002

We all get excited over new products and thats whats happening . The digital camera technology has changed a lot in the last 5 years only and I just can't believe that we have so many cameras to choose from as per ur need and budget . When it comes to a near complete system , I think MFT scores significantly over other mirroeless cameras . I love MFT and will stick to it .I am also waiting for new Olymous body and thus haven't jumped to buy EP3 or GX1 or any other MFT body .
    Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.