Fuji X Pro1 or G1X or GX1 ? Which one you will pick?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Now this game has becomes very interesting . Fuji and canon has fired a salvo and MFT needs to respond very quickly . I am very loyal to MFT system and will never ever sell it or change it. I am in love with Olympus EPL2 and the lenses which this system offers. Now things are changing and we have three cameras to choose from .
    1) Panasonic GX1
    2) Canon G1X
    3) Fuji X Pro 1
    Interesting they have all words X and digit 1 in them ..lol
    Anyway which one you will pick ?
    I have decided to get Canon G1X for my wife and of course I will play with it as well . What will be your pick ?
  2. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    If I were starting over, GX1 all the way still. The system lets me be flexible in doing work and walking around w/ just a 20mm and being compact.

If I were starting over w/ unlimited money, the GX1 AND the fuji =)

As a current user, the price tag of the fuji turns me off and the G1X isn't what I'm looking for. Both still very interesting to pay attention to though.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    At this rate we'll soon have more threads on the forum about other brands than we do for MFT cameras! :biggrin:
  4. Bhupinder2002

Ya I agree with u . Its just good to know what others are thinking . I will pick up Canon G1X for my wife and full stop . I mean no more overshooting expenditures and lets hope this camera delivers . Fuji is quite over priced and I won't justify that spending given this camera looks much bigger , chunkier even that X100 . I would stick to MFT and I want APS-C sensor with ILC , then NEX 5N would be my Pick ..
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Don't worry, I think I'm going to start merging them real soon
  6. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    I sympathize. At the moment I'm glad not to be a mod on this forum! :biggrin:
  7. davidw

davidw New to Mu-43

Jan 9, 2012
    holiday in Hong Kong
    I will stick with MFT GX1. Becuase of price and the existing lens and my legacy lens .

price keep me out of Fuji right now.
  8. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    As exciting as new cameras are, I will probably stay in the Micro 4/3 camp.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    The price to play at the Fuji X level is out of my range. I'm sticking to m43. Perhaps there will be some X100s or X10s used once the X-Pro comes out.

I'd like a X10 as a "no-fuss" camera with a longer focal length to boot.
  10. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
  11. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    Probably will stick with my plan of getting the GX1.
  12. Bhupinder2002

Thanks Nic
    I think we need to do that.Please merge them under one thread.
  13. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Not sure why the Canon is in your list as it's not an ILC. If I was a dSLR shooter I'd be tempted to get the Canon as a walk around camera. Without the ability to change lenses I don't see it as much of a choice when you have the Panny and Fuji in the mix.

I'd have to go with the GX1. I am in love with the X-Pro but not with its price. Actually I'm thinking that my next camera may actually be a GH2. I can pick one up for $749 w/14-42 on the EPP site.
  14. Bhupinder2002

I am sticking to MFT , I am gonna pick up Canon G1X for my wife. I am keeping my EPL2 and waiting Olympus to release something entirely different and worth upgrading . I think minor upgrades are useless in long run and they just give u satisfaction of having the latest camera body.I haven't seen my skills improving after buying new camera. SO I have decided to stick with what ever I have and buy new lenses.I am eyeing on PL25 1.4 now .
  15. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    They don't. :frown:

Sometimes, however, they do after using new camera, but in this case the improvement would almost certainly have been the same if using old camera. :wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bhupinder2002

Thanks John ..
    I have concluded that I won't change camera bodies so frequently . I did buy EPL3 but sold it as I wasn't very comfortable with it. I love the touch and feel of EPL2 and just love it.This is my second EPL2 . I am enjoying Oly 45mm 1.8 lens and just really not care which camera body it is..Its all about the lenses ..hahahahh
  17. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    The new Olympus sounds interesting. I wonder if they'll make it look retro (OM) like they did with the Pen.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Easy decision for me. I am quite heavily invested in :43: lenses so my new GX1 offers everything I'm looking for in a compact AF system camera. From one day to the next, I can even decide if I want the added bulk of a viewfinder or not.

For me, the Fuji X Pro 1 will not offer enough of an advantage over :43: to warrant a complete change in lens systems. Still, it's a beautifully conceived camera .. it ticks all the right boxes for my way of photographing.

As for the Canon G1X, it's just another evolution of Canon's G series. The extra body height needed to fit in that dismal OVF is a design blunder in my opinion .. it still doesn't allow you to frame anything accurately, unlike an EVF.

GX1, G1X .. I think the dyslexic folks out there are going to keep all guessing about which camera to which they are making reference.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Bhupinder2002

We all get excited over new products and thats whats happening . The digital camera technology has changed a lot in the last 5 years only and I just can't believe that we have so many cameras to choose from as per ur need and budget . When it comes to a near complete system , I think MFT scores significantly over other mirroeless cameras . I love MFT and will stick to it .I am also waiting for new Olymous body and thus haven't jumped to buy EP3 or GX1 or any other MFT body .