Fuji X-Pro1 excitement?

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by xdayv, Jan 9, 2012.

1. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    Anyone excited about this?

How about the price?

2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    There are so many threads about this already . . .

3. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Not really.

4. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I'm always hesitant of anything that has "pro" in it's name. Just feels kinda sketchy to me.

Fred

5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    $1700 for body, $600 per lens, APS-C sensor. I don't think for me.

6. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    indeed. $2,300+ to start with.

and i think the size is big that kinda defeats the advantage of mirrorless. it's almost same size as a Leica M9!

7. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Maybe we should just re-name this forum the "Fuji Mirrorless Forum." :rolleyes:

8. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    I'm very excited about this camera. It ticks all the right boxes for me.

9. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm curious why people are so excited about this yet very so so about the NEX-7.

10. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    1 word: lenses.

Actually, the nice retro design is part of it too. But the salient difference is the lenses. Nex has at best 1 decent lens that is both fast and sort of compact. Fuji has 3.

DH

11. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sony has quite weak lenses to start with and many people are not comfortable with the body shape of NEx series . This camera looks awesome but its way expensive . Moreover once u have spent that much money then u won't have the luxury of changing bodies every 6 months as we do with MFT . It looks , good and promising but lets see how it performs the real world.SOny Nex 7 is a failed product, I will chose NEX5n any day over Nex7.
    Cheers

12. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Because the Fuji has enormous aesthetic and retro appeal, drawing deeply on a style that sends us old film users into raptures of nostalgia. It looks like how cameras used to be and still should.

In comparison the Sony looks like something used for getting stones out of horses hooves. We might learn to love what it does, but never how it looks!

Also, to turn serious for a moment, the Fuji lens range looks set to really compliment the camera in a way that the Sony lenses don't for the NEX.

13. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    I wouldn't go that far!

14. I'll be excited when I don't have to keep moving these threads into the Other Systems forum where they belong.

15. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    I was about to get it until I saw the prices. Look wise for me is perfect. I don't mind the size as I carry a bag with me always. The function seems alright. There is no info at all on the AF speed.

I hope this sends a message to Pana/Oly to have another line with similar designs.

16. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Well, I actually think that the NEX-7 is a great camera (and it's looking great, too!). But I don't like the lack of native compact AF primes. The X-Pro 1 seems to be as good as the NEX-7, but with the whole range of fast AF primes available at the launch. What's not to like?

• Like Like x 1
  17. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    The initial appeal of MFT was that it offered a radicaly different digital camera concept. Why should we now want Olympus and Panasonic to start copying the mirrorless systems of other manufacturers? Surely if Fuji (or any other manufacturer) make what you want, that's what you buy. It's great to have so much choice. :smile:

18. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    But the X-Pro1 as a whole is significantly larger than the NEX-7 is. So even if it has a more compact lens, the package is as big if not bigger. As for body, we'll have to wait until the X-Pro is released and reviews, but it would have to knock it out of the park to best the NEX-7 which has been widely embraced and praised by the reviewers. It's also darn right cheap compared to the X-Pro.

19. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    +!0..:smile:

20. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    You hit the nail on the head for sure..
    Doug