1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fuji Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens System is Coming - Not Micro Four Thirds

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    • Like Like x 4
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Huh. So they are totally going it alone with a new CSC. More power to them, but I can't see Fuji with enough marketing power to be successful with a new system (i.e. not a niche product like the X100)?

3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Too bad it won't be m43

4. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Let's see. No real details. No idea of sensor size, resolution, noise, camera body, lens availability or price. And yet I already want one so bad that I'm putting my 7 year old on ebay, just in case....

Is that wrong????

Gordon

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    They are very marketing savvy. They are talking about an early-ish 2012 release, so it's obviously pretty far along in development.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised that they will be a success with this. The X100 is STILL in short supply and selling well. And that's with the single focal length and the quirky performance.

I wish them success (and will anxiously start saving piles of Ben Franklins in hopes that it will be my dream camera).

6. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    They are in a perfect pisition to release a competitive camera system. They have no dslr mounts or lenses to distract them (like canikon & sony) so they can 100% focus on new mount. Their sensors are superb and colors are legendary. They also seem to be capable of making good optics. Fujifilm is a large corporation.

7. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    They have sold over 70,000 X100s up till now, with demand still outstripping supply, which probably gives them the confidence to launch the new X line mirrorless cameras.

On their marketing pitch, they even claimed that the resolution and high ISO performance of the new camera can surpass that of a full framed DSLR! Sounds pretty ambitious to me! Let's hope they have lenses to match!

8. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Does "premium" = expensive? :rolleyes:

9. Phoque

Phoque Mu-43 Regular

Sep 18, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I would bet it does :biggrin:

10. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Expensive is relative. Cheaper than other cameras that perform worse possibly. I would expect it to be priced similarly to the X100, but relative to it's complexity and performance. It is obviously aiming to be better performing than full frame cameras. I wouldn't be surprised if it was priced LIKE some full frame cameras.

Would people pay $2,500 for a CSC that outperformed a FF camera? You bet.

11. Holmes375

Holmes375 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2010
    Rocky Mountains, USA
    Welcome aboard - glad to have you here!

This is indeed a very nice place and an excellent resource.

12. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Mirrorless market is starting to get crowded... it's a shame Fuji decided to go at it alone.

I wonder who'll be the first mirrorless casualty?

And you can bet that the new Fuji "premium" camera will be $$$$. And a bit more $$$.

13. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Be warned that people who spend substantial amount of time hanging around this place will develop serious case of GAS! :wink:

14. Holmes375

Holmes375 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2010
    Rocky Mountains, USA
    Your warning is appreciated.... but alas, it has arrived too late :biggrin: