Fuji Flu is spreading fast :)

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Bhupinder2002, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi guys ..:wink:
    So .. Who is next ? Fuji flu is spreading fast on MFT forum and infected many members including myself . I bought and sold X100 twice and third time I am keeping it as long as I can . My primary MFT is staying with me ever and doesn't matter what people say .. There is no Oly 12 mm , 45 mm and 75 mm in other Mirrorless world . The best thing about Fuji is that it's fast becoming an alternative or other camera system for any users . I am glad that people are not just restricted to one camera system for their needs .It will be interesting to see how many more members get infected within is communicable Fuji flu which mainly spreads via interest forums :wink::wink::wink:

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Not me. Since I am new to photography, I don't feel nostalgic about old cameras, so the look doesn't appeal to me. If anything, it would be a full frame because of my love for landscape and UWAs lenses. When I look at the pictures Ming Thein takes with the OM-D, it really shows off the potential of that particular sensor. Gives me no reason to try any of the Fuji cameras. It is the person behind it anyway. The pictures I have seen with xpro/xe1? To me, they are not THAT special - In fact it is hard to tell the difference. It could have been taken with m4/3. That is my experience. Would love the new omd and the zoom though.

3. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    I do like the look of of the Fuji X systems cameras and the look of the pictures they produce. But to add to the lens of your list, there is also no 7-14 or 100-300 either. For the time being, I'm sticking with Mft no matter how tempting the Fuji system is as I more or less got all that I require in a camera system.
    I would also like a Ricoh GR for street shooting for it's small size and silent shutter, I do have a GF3 for that, but the shutter make it sounds like a click clack machine.

4. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    They Fujis I've tried in stores all felt really awful in my hands (huge piece of bricks). Plus they're all ugly. And I'm not going to change my mind about m43's. I'm "all in" with this format. :biggrin:

5. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I understand those do and do not love Fujifilm cameras, anyway it's the one behind the camera matters, right? But I have to admit I fall in love again with Fujifilm and this time it's the X10. I'm not actually talking about what camera you must get for certain kind of photography, clearly no other mirrorless formats get as many well balanced bodies and various quality lenses as m43 to choose from, sometimes we just want something different. I never thought I'd want to have another Fujifilm camera, but when I looked around for a backup, it seems like the one to get.

Sorry for the duplicate but I really love to show some x10 shots recently, isn't it nice?
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/jyc860923/9720365719/" title="DSCF8643 by jyc860923, on Flickr"> 9720365719_8945af6cc5_b. "1024" height="768" alt="DSCF8643"></a>

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Hmmm I too have tried the X Pro 1, XE-1 at the store and friend's x100. I thought I would like it with the good looks and what seem to be a good set of prime lens, but I really don't like them much after trying the cameras. Apart from the image quality, it felt like is going backwards to me. Awful lcd, low res evf, don't like the ovf either since can't confirm autofocus. Body feels a bit plasticky to me. Autofocus has improved but still not there. No flip, no touch..... the list just goes on.
    The prime lens do seem nice but I prefer Olympus 12, 17, 75mm build. I ended up picking up an RX1 to go with my m43 kit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    I am one of the skeptics of Fuji... a few months ago I tried most/many of the mirrorless cameras and said to myself I will never get into Fuji as their camera is slow, AF is slow, controls are different and everything feels clunky. I was using the E-M5 then and I had most of the nice Oly primes. Fast forward to now, I have almost no m43 stuff left and is fully into Fuji system.

I said this on another thread but the reason I tried Fuji was because I became curious how good and different it is for people to get so hyped with a system that I thought was clunky and slow. I went into the system fully expecting not to see a significant difference in IQ. I still maintain that the m43 system have very very good IQ specially in good light. I know as well that the AF on Fuji cameras is slow but one thing I never realized was how good it felt to use something different.

Fuji forces me to get more involve in taking my photos. I think switching to FUJI is not just because of IQ, it's because the whole shooting experience is different. Makes me pause and think. For people who wants to shoot fast it is definitely not the right system but for people who want something to rattle their photographic experience I think it's a pretty neat system and worth the penny. :2thumbs:

I don't know why people get so heated with these brands, I think they can co-exist just fine. mu-43 and Fuji compliment each other perfectly IMHO.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bhupinder2002

Hahahahahhahahah ... U are immunised then... U won't get flu:wink: . I am also totally into MFT and there is nothing which comes close to MFT as whole package but Fuji is becoming quite good and they still need to fix few things . All cameras create great pics these days . I just like different output of Fuji engine ,but there is no Oly 12 mm , 45 mm and 75 mm and PL25 mm 1.4 in Fuji world . I don't shoot above 1600 so high ISO argument is useless for me . I haven't changed my mind either . The smile and satisfaction which gives OMD with 45 mm 1.8 is impossible to replicate with any combo .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  9. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    I am too heavily invested in m4/3 and 4/3 lenses to switch system now. I will definitely be getting the E-M1 though.

On the other hand, if I can find a used X100s at an attractive price, I might buy one just for fun...

10. hoyarnold

hoyarnold Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2013
    alaska
    arnold
    the flu will only spread to those who have the $$$ LOL :dance3:

11. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Doctor, doctor, I am sick. :p

Seriously, though, Bhup, the Fuji XF 35/1.4 is every bit as great as the PL 25/1.4. I do miss the Oly 75/1.8, however, I'll admit. Just wanted to point out that there is no UWA rectilinear prime in the MFT world. The 12/2 is great but I do hope Olympus eventually comes up with a wider prime with well-controlled distortion.

12. Bhupinder2002

Lol... Fuji grew quite faster in ur case Mikey and now it has has spread every where .. Brain , lung , kidneys , prostate :wink::wink::wink::wink: u will need few sittings of FF mirrorless phototherapy may be Leica M240 will be more suitable to get rid of Fuji malignancy :wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin: My disease is pretty benign :2thumbs::2thumbs:
    Cheers

13. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Considering that Fuji is one company and not 2....and also add to it that they're younger than Micro Four Thirds & NEX, I'd say Fuji really isn't doing too bad thus far in the lens department. :smile:

14. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That's true. I liked my x-10 but it was too big as a compact. The Canon M works just as well and focuses just as slowly :smile: The x100 is a different matter, but that's more. I certainly don't want to support two ILC systems.

15. Bhupinder2002

I agree .. They are quite thoughtful and targeting right customers . Lens line look promising but yes MFT will have advantage that its backed up by two companies rather than one:smile: Having said that its really good that Mirrorless base grows and more and more people embrace it .
    Cheers

16. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Ah, but then there's the Lumix 12-35, 35-100, 25 ƒ1.4, E-M1 etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

17. Bhupinder2002

Lol .. It's not true Steve .. I keep a fixed budget and just rotate that money . I sold my PL25 and Panasonic 14 mm to fund my first X100 , sold it added 200 dollars to fund black LE X100 . I sold that and kept money aside .. Sold couple of lenses and bought OMD with grip .. In the meantime saw a good deal on new X100 and bough it again . I sold my OMD few days ago along with 45mm 1.8 to fund EP5 and black 45 mm 1.8 , so it's just a matter of keeping things in control and play with different cameras without breaking ur bank . I never keep more than two cameras and 3 lenses at a time .
    Cheers

18. Bhupinder2002

That's not Fujititis ..that's Panolymptitis :thumbup::thumbup::drinks:

19. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Every time I ponder Fuji I look at my GX1 walkabout kit with the 14/20/45 and I calm down. ;). It reminds me so much of my Minolta CLe kit.

When I shot film I always lusted after larger systems. I went from 35mm to 2 1/4 square to 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 to 4 x 5. When I started thinking about 8 x 10 I finally came to my senses.

m43 is more than adequate for my needs (I keep telling myself). :)

If Panasonic can improve their sensors from their partnership with Fuji then any Fuji lust will likely fade away.

20. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Well, I'm back in the m43 camp (until I flake to the next system). However, the 12mm Oly doesn't compare favoably to the 14mm Fuji lens. The 12mm is a good lens with a stop of light gathering on the 14mm with a lot of distortion. The 14mm is just plain awesome.