1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fuga City Pinhole

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Mark Hilliard, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Here are 3 REAL Pin Hole photographs that I took today. These are NOT filters, but the real thing. I have the Micro 4/3 versions of the Skink Pin Hole from RUgift.com, Lens Baby Pinhole/Zoneplate and the Pinwide from Wanderlust. Both are great products, the Pinwide is a wider angle due to the hole being set back towards the sensor but the Skink is more robust being machined from stainless with a screw in hole that includes both the hold and a zone plate and room for a gel filter which means Infrared! As you can see, I LOVE alternative photography.

These are from the Pinwide:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember, Pin Hole photography is not supposed to be tack sharp, but sharp enough to see from 1 inch in front of the camera to infinity. You MUST use a tripod, the aperture is somewhere around f/160 and requires a long exposure. For the most interesting results you need to be almost right on top of your subject! For the closeup view of the propeller I was about 8 inches away!

• Like Like x 4
  2. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Very nice and interesting technique. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

3. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Alan
    nice photos, I have just ordered a pinwide last night so look forward to having a go soon when it arrives. How long are the expoures? I take it will be minutes.