1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

(FT5) New E-P5 pictures (via Mobile01).

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Thinh Ly, May 1, 2013.

1. Thinh Ly

Thinh Ly Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2012
    Washington D.C.
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Nice to see a black 17/1.8. Hopefully won't cost more than the silver one!

3. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote
    There is a black 75mm in the back

4. poisson rouge

poisson rouge Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2013
    Maybe that means we can also hope for a black 45 1.8 :)

Camera looking gorgeous.

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    That is a new viewfinder on the P5 in the middle. Looks like it has a very nice large eyecup too.

6. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe

That may be a black 45/1.8 in the middle on the black PEN.

7. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Hopefully they improved the build quality on the 45 then. My 45 is a total mess from light use.

8. drewbot

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    On 43rumors they are also saying the E-P5 will feature a 1/8000 shutter. Hopefully this is true and that the E-M5 successor will feature this.

9. rolling green

rolling green Mu-43 Regular

Dec 31, 2012
    city of chi
    If this is the case my 75mm is heading back to Amazon. Just hope we learn if the 75/45 are going to be a limited edition (higher priced) versions before week's end

10. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

But with a sequence rate of 5fps though, are you sure you want that on the next OM-D? :wink:

11. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

I think it's the same lens just with a black finish, I wouldn't count on any change in build quality. But because it's black and the plastic is most likely black under the outer coating as well, signs of wear will not be as visible as on the silver one.

If I will be buying this camera, I'll actually go for silver this time. I think they managed to get the colour right, "old school silver", aluminium type of shade, I like it :)

All in all I think it's also a very good preview of the E-M6 / E-M7. Can't wait to see what the WiFi capabilities will be like.

12. Johnny_Alucard

Johnny_Alucard Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    That black and silver model is one sexy camera.
    I wants one.

13. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I just noticed no screw on the grip. I really hope Olympus did not make the grip replaceable. If thats the case, I will be sorely dissapointed. I'll end up bying the E-PL5 which does, and sacrifice the extra dials just for a larger grip. Heavy camera + small grip means no sale for me.

14. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe

Hmmm....assuming its a new shutter mechanism, one built to handle to increased mechanical stress of 1/8000, I think I'd like that compromise....1/8000 max shutter speed at the expense of slightly slower burst mode. Burst mode I rarely use (if ever)...but a super fast shutter, that I would use much more often I think. It would be great to see Olympus push the envelope with this....G6 focus peaking and improved wifi(?), Oly 1/8000ss...this is all good.

15. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Can you imagine if they added a viewfinder? Camera would be perfect then. Don't get me wrong- it's a great looking camera with likely excellent specs. Just think they missed a golden opportunity to hit it out of the park.

16. drewbot

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Yup. I have a feeling Panasonic will come out with a remake of their LC1 and fill that niche.

17. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    +1 :2thumbs:

1/8000 would be really fun for me... seems like I am always bumping up against 1/4000 with my primes.

18. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    It seems really odd that they would go away from the replaceable grip, but there's definitely not screw on that white grip. I think that's a great design and I was glad to see they extended it from the E-P3 to the E-PL5 (and the E-PM2?).

19. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Perhaps they'll make the black only available as part of a kit with the E-P5.... :eek:

20. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    The grip still juts out the side of the camera, so perhaps they've done a better job of hiding the screw?