[EXPIRED] FS: PK-mount manual lenses

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by jimr.pdx, Jan 29, 2011.

1. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    PK = Pentax bayonet, so you'd need an adaptor for these. Basic USA shipping and PayPal included; we'll need to chat and add more funds for further/faster shipping.

* $40 Vivitar 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5

This is a great old push-pull zoom. I tried several in the hopes of a perfect video lens for my K-7; this one is very good but a 28-105 beat it out so off it goes. About 450g, takes 62mm filters, close focus to 0.6m. The thing looks and feels new. Minimum marked aperture is f/16. Both my Vivitars are 77xxxx serial numbers, online references say these are of Kobori (Japan) manufacture. Nice and solid!

* $35 Rikenon-P 50mm f/2
    Some say this is the absolute sharpest 50mm lens ever made. I don't say that, but some do - google "rikenon 50mm f/2" and see! It was sharper than my Pentax 50/2 but its bokeh was a touch less smooth. I find mine to similar to my Rikenon-P 50mm f/1.7, so I'm keeping the f/1.7 for now. Takes 52mm filters, minimum aperture f/16, close focus just under 0.6m.
    Note - while it has the Rikenon 'P' setting that looks like the Pentax 'A' setting, it does not have an auto-aperture function on modern Pentax gear; for micro 4/3 that's not important, but you might be a 2-system user like me.

* $30 Promaster 28-70 f/3.5-4.5
    This lens is almost ideal for :43: as it's quite small and decently bright. It has lived a hard life before reaching me though, and by that time I had the 28-105 lens in hand. While it isn't going to fall apart in your hand, its zoom and focus rings are loose enough to make you wonder. Note the bright specks behind the front element, which to me looks like a rubber gasket is aging with poor grace; none of the specks are in the optical path, just around the edge. Images are good with this lens but the Vivitar was best - and given the tired nature of this lens $30 is a good price. After all, it will probably outlast me! :rolleyes: Takes 52mm filters and has the Pentax 'A' setting.

P1030714.RW2.

Note the white specks in the Promaster below; pardon the flash echo.. :redface:
    P1030712.