[EXPIRED] FS Nikon Nikkor 18-200mm VR 1:3.5-5.6 G ED like new +HOYA UV filter price reduced

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by julienrl, Aug 1, 2010.

1. julienrl

julienrl Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Jul 28, 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Nikkor 18-200mm VR lense

-More info:
    Nikon 18-200mm
    Differences with the Nikon 18-200mm VR II (none other than the lock)
    Filters - UV or not UV? - photo.net

-Condition: like new, includes a very high quality HOYA UV filter (worth 80$), travel pouch, hood and caps. Great travel lens, amazing image stabilization and versatility since it is a great macro lens and has great Bokeh.

-Asking price: 650$

I have a car and am willing to drive in the National Capital Region (Canada).

I am open to reasonable offers.
    Paypal only

2. julienrl

julienrl Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Jul 28, 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I know they ask not to criticize prices in the threads, but I am making an exception to this, because I must know... am I asking too much? I seem to be having trouble selling it.

Thank you

J.

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Why are you selling this lens here? There's no aperture control on an m43 body. Have you tried other sites like FredMiranda.com?

Sorry to not answer your question on price -- I'm not really sure. But check out the buy & sell forums on fredmiranda, and you can find this lens easy enough.

4. julienrl

julienrl Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Jul 28, 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario
    cool, thanks!

I was selling it here amongst other places because I figured I had nothing to loose and this forum is my new web-home :p

5. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    No need to be rude. There's nothing in the rules that prevents someone from selling non-MFT related items. The only rule is that they're photography-related items. Plenty of members of this community have non-MFT photography equipment, and I imagine they're certainly welcome to trade theirs on this forum.

6. et100

et100 Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

Feb 15, 2010
    Chicago area - USA
    regarding the asking price... i dont know how's out there but here in chicago area there is one of these 18-200 lenses advertised on craigslist for 525 and its been more than a week and didnt move.
    You can also check ebay completed auctions and see what it went for and can try to list it there. sometimes ebay buyers appear less aware about the street prices and tend to bid up lenses sometimes even above new lens prices!

7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I didn't think I was being rude, but trying to be helpful.

I didn't say he couldn't post it here (I'm not a mod -- I can't make that kind of decision), I simply was trying to suggest that the reason he has no interest is not because of price (or at least I'm not commenting on price), but because perhaps this is not really a "legacy lens" and the aperture can't be controlled on m43. I wanted to let the OP know about the excellent site FredMiranda.com, where this type of lens is bought/sold daily, and where he can find prices.

Perhaps I could have phrased it better, but there's only so much time I can put into checking my phrasing on a forum posting. Sorry if I offended anyone.