• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED [FS] New 14 42 or 17mm for sale

Buy/Sell feedback for BillN (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I am just about to buy an EP1, which I can do with either the 17mm or 14 42

Does anyone in the UK want either of these lenses - I only want the body as i have Pany lenses

They would be new, of course, but unboxed

PM if you do and we can talk prices - I am sure that they would be attractive versus just buying the lens on its own

The deal would probably only make sense in the UK because of postage costs etc.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Bill,

I think you'll find the 14-42 easier to sell - if you decide to do so once you've given it a proper trial with the E-P1... the close focusing ability, collapsible design for compactness and sharp, distortion free performance at 20mm (at least as good as the Lumix 20mm at the same FL/aperture) make it a surprisingly good partner to the Pen.

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have the 20mm which I will keep - I have done quite a few "blind" tests against MF lenses - put all the images in one folder - looked thru them and deleted what i thought were the "worse", (along with comments from my wife), and guess what, 95% + of what were left were images taken with the 20mm - not something that i wanted to happen? - (I know that "I told you so" was indicated)

I have the 14 45 Panny which i would keep in preference to the Oly as I have a G1 and the in lens IS will be useful - (for my doddery old body!)

I now fancy an EP1, because it is smaller than the G1 plus it would be nice to try some video - I would like a VF1 with it - as I want to stick to a reasonable budget I do not want to go to the EP2 - also I still do not feel that I want to go totally M4/3 as I am more than happy with, (and enjoy), my D300 for lots of what i do.
(As I have a 20mm I may as well get the EP1 rather than the S90 is another thought in my my mind)

I looked around for the "body only" price but it makes more sense to buy the EP1 as a kit so that I, and maybe someone else, can benefit from the "more" attractive price.

If I put them on EBay I am sure that they will sell

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I agree, when I bought the 20mm f1.7 for my E-P1, I did consider buying the GF1 + 20mm f1.7 kit and selling the GF1 body to split the discount with someone, but in the end I decided it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing on e-bay with a stranger.

Much better to offer it here, to people who know you're not out to rip them off.

Good luck with the sale Bill, also - if you're not already a member of the OPSG - follow my signature, register and you can offer it for sale to folks in the Olympus Safari Group... same principle, and some good bargains inside our coordination site.

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I believe the VF1 is only used for the 17mm..

Thanks Chow - that adds the usual "commercial" complications to any buying decision

There must be a Leica or similar VF out there that will work with the 20mm Pany?.....I think that I have still got a Leica one and a Canon RF one "kicking around" - I must try to dig them out - but there were not great if I remember correctly - especially with glasses, (which I now have)

hohoho

Mu-43 Regular
There must be a Leica or similar VF out there that will work with the 20mm Pany?.....I think that I have still got a Leica one and a Canon RF one "kicking around"

Would you be looking for a finder intended for 40mm on 36x24mm? I don't think Canon ever made such a thing. (I've no idea about Leitz.) Cosina have certainly made one; I imagine that they still sell it. Pentax made a 43mm-and-50mm one (I mean, one finder, two rectangles) that it actually sold separately as well as with the 43mm LTM lens -- I've seen it packaged in its own little box. There may be a "Rollei" brand (Cosina) 40mm finder too. And who knows, you might even come across the Olympus 40mm finder (probably pretty horrible).

scon4061

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi BillNUK,

If your after an EP-1 body only I have one spare. I bought it as a kit last month, but prefer the GF-1 that I bough a few days later (It was a bargain I couldn't resist). It's been sitting in the box. I don't really want to e-bay it. If your interested please send me a message. It's as new.

Regards
Steve.

J

johanssonscarlett

blabla.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Olympus is announcing new m4/3 bodies next month. That said...the Olympus PEN E-PL2 with 14-42mm and 40-150mm Lenses - $449 is a smoking price. Personally I'd skip the EP-2 because it has a lower resolution LCD screen.

KS11

Mu-43 Veteran
johanssonscarlett said:
Olympus is announcing new m4/3 bodies next month. That said...the Olympus PEN E-PL2 with 14-42mm and 40-150mm Lenses - $449 is a smoking price. Personally I'd skip the EP-2 because it has a lower resolution LCD screen.

Since the op posted in feb 2010 I'm pretty sure he didn't know about the new bodies coming soon or the existence of a epl2 as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom