1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

[EXPIRED] FS: Infra Red Converted E-500 - an exotic species

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by bilzmale, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I am reluctantly selling another of my toys. Conversion was done in US and I bought it second hand on another 4/3 site. Can't provide details but I suspect the filter is the 720nm which is most common. I have given it little use so it has to go to pay for my new MFT obsession. Comes with a non-OEM BLM-1 battery, charger with US plug and a 2GB xD card. The camera is in good condition - have tried to check shutter count but can't get technique to work.:confused:

Conversion alone costs $300-$350 US plus shipping. I am asking $395 US shipped and Paypalled internationally.

With this conversion the camera will autofocus and use normal exposure times unlike a filter (eg R72) attached to the front of the lens which needs seconds to expose and focussing and preview are not available. Some post processing is needed to remove the red cast but is straightforward enough and no special software is needed.

Out of camera image:

Processed image:

UPDATE: I have just heard from the person who sold me this unit with more history. It has about 2000 shutter actuations. LINK.

--------------------------------------

Edit: "FS" added to thread title by Amin in keeping with forum guidelines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.