Frustrated with a easy answer (probably)

kenhreed

Mu-43 Rookie
I have an EP3 and am trying to set it to fill flash with no luck. When I push the menu wheel to the right nothing is happening at all. How in the world do I access the flash menu?
thanks in advance,
Ken

Janders

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi Kenhreed,

I do not own an EP3, but do own an EP1 and EPM1; similar menu functionality. My recommendation would be to enable the Super Control Panel (SCP). Turn off the live view mode and work with the SCP only.

Once enabled, one press of the okay button will bring up the SCP and you have access to all the most important features of the camera, including flash modes. Via the SCP, scroll to the flash field and either press okay to bring up all flash modes, or use the scroll wheel to scroll through the different flash modes.

Ned

Mu-43 Legend
To turn on SCP: Setup => Sprockets => Disp/PC => Control Settings and for every mode turn Live Guide and Live Control to OFF, then turn SCP (Super Control Panel) to ON in every mode.

If you don't see the Sprockets menu, then first go to Setup => Wrench => Menu Display and turn the Sprockets ON.

kenhreed

Mu-43 Rookie
You were totally right about the SCP. Now that you've guided me to the right setting I'll never go back. Wouldn't it make sense to only offer the SCP or?
Thanks again,
Ken

sgt08

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Scott
I will never understand why the SCP is not turned ON by default, at least in P/A/S/M modes.

davidzvi

Real Name
David
I will never understand why the SCP is not turned ON by default, at least in P/A/S/M modes.

Because it adds a lot of "stuff" a point and shooter would be confused by. But maybe is should be a setting like the date and time, first power on do you want simple or detail menus?

kenhreed

Mu-43 Rookie
One more flash question Re ep 3

Should I be able to activate the fill flash when it's set on Iauto or is that not possible?
thanks,
Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom