1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

From The World~

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Luvntravln, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Luvntravln

Luvntravln New to Mu-43

Jun 14, 2013
    San Diego
    Jay Gould
    Literally!!

My wife and I lived in a caravan/trailer in Australia (I am dual citizen - USA/Australia; wife = Australia) towed by an F-truck for the past 10 years; we have just sold the rig and now only have two suitcases/50lbs per each, plus our backpacks and computers.

I have, in fact yesterday may the final decision, to sell all of my heavy Canon gear. I have purchased an Olympus OMD EM-5 plus Panasonic f/2.8 lenses - 12-35, 35-100, 100-300. A new light kit.

I admit at the outset that setting up the EM-5 is daunting and look to everyone for assistance.

Cheers,

2. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    Wow, nice! So are you just trekking now, or did you keep the truck and that is all you have now? Being free like that is so awesome!

3. Luvntravln

Luvntravln New to Mu-43

Jun 14, 2013
    San Diego
    Jay Gould
    Everything sold; nothing in storage. No anchors.

4. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Wander the earth like Kwai Chang Caine in Kung Fu! One of my favorite lines from Pulp Fiction.

You must have an amazing wife. Good on you.

5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Jay,

Welcome to the forum!

I'd like to say that I envy you, but it would be a fib :wink:.

Roughing it to me, these days, is when room service closes before midnight.

Having gathered rosebuds in my youth I am now quite content to gather all of the moss that I can.

The setup of the OM-D isn't onerous and, once done, there will be little reason to get deeply into the menu system - most changes can be done via the Super Control Panel.

This may be a good place to start:

User Guide: Getting the most out of the Olympus E-M5: Digital Photography Review

Post some pics of Australia, please? When in Vietnam I worked with some Australian troops (who wore shorts and considered the most required item in a combat zone to be beer...:2thumbs: ) but I've never visited the country.

Regards,

Jim