from the south west of Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Denise.Aitken, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Denise.Aitken

Denise.Aitken New to Mu-43

Feb 15, 2013
    Hello all
    Just to introduce myself. I am Denise and new to this forum having purchased a OM-D late last year and I am quite overwhelmed by it all. Came to this site from google search about AF Beam and got the answer I was looking for.

I have been (and still are) a Canon user, but have invested in the OM-D for it's size for travel overseas, where weight etc is important. Along with the body I have 2 Panasonic lenses 12-35 and 35-100 both F2.8 and the HLD-6

I need to get competent with this camera before 24 April when I head to Spain and Morocco for holiday. I am sure I will find lots of answers here and thank you for sharing.
  2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    welcome! I pretty much got into OM-D for the same reason... smaller travel size.
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome aboard! Lot's of useful information here on the site. Enjoy! :cool:
  4. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    Welcome to the club.
  5. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    Welcome Denise,

That is a awesome starting kit in M43. Have you considered a FL600R to accompany this gear. That would be the ultimate travel set up. The flash would provide fill flash with off and on camera high speed sync abilities. It is easy to spend other's money.

Many highly experienced users here, and some that use M43 gear in professional roles. The best thing about this forum is the positive vibe and the ever willingness to assist others.
  6. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Welcome aboard Denise, you've found a great place for all things m43 here.

Beautiful part of the world you live in mate, I spent a week at Margaret River a few years back wine tasting and catching some waves. I hope to visit again some time soon.

That's a hell of a kit you have and I'm sure it'll serve you very well indeed on your travels to Spain & Morocco (envious) ;)
  7. GreenGhost

GreenGhost Mu-43 Regular

Nov 30, 2012
    Peter Liakopoulos
    Welcome Denise, I'm a Melbourne boy. You'll be blown away, as I was, with the camera overseas. This site is brilliant for advice, just looking and inspiration. Look forward to seeing some photo's
  8. Paul Amyes

Paul Amyes Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2011
    Hobart, Tasmania
    G'day Denise

welcome to the club.
    Where abouts in the SW are you?

9. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Hi Denise!