1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

From the area by the bay in Northern Cali

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by CaselxASD, Jun 13, 2013.

1. CaselxASD

CaselxASD New to Mu-43

May 17, 2013
    Bay Area, CA
    Jerel or Jay
    Hello world. :D

I've been into photography since high school and as a graduation gift I got a Canon XTi dSLR. I shot with that almost exclusively occasionally playing around with film with SLRs and Polaroids. It was an off and on hobby until recently where I felt I needed to shake things up and get back into photography.

I always considered myself a hobbyist/enthusiast who mainly took photos for fun to experiment and learn more. I felt that if I had a kit that is easier to carry and handle on a regular basis I would be more inclined to use it more often. After coming to this conclusion, I did more research (including lurking here before registering and now posting my first post) and settled on the MFT format. I felt it would give me quality photos with lens options, without irritating my shoulder or hurting my pocket.

So, I sold off my lenses and the XTi and I settled on the GX1 from Panasonic that I felt met all the requirements I needed and fit my currently small budget. It also still left me with some money in my pocket! I love the system so far, and don't regret moving to Micro Four-Thirds from my old heavier dSLR.

This forum seems to be filled with endless helpful information along with a great group of people that I hope to at the least share photos with. :D

2. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    welcome! I think there's a meet up happening in the bay area soon.

3. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
  4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Jay,

Welcome aboard!