From the area by the bay in Northern Cali

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by CaselxASD, Jun 13, 2013.

1. CaselxASD

CaselxASD New to Mu-43

May 17, 2013
    Bay Area, CA
    Jerel or Jay
    Hello world. :D

I've been into photography since high school and as a graduation gift I got a Canon XTi dSLR. I shot with that almost exclusively occasionally playing around with film with SLRs and Polaroids. It was an off and on hobby until recently where I felt I needed to shake things up and get back into photography.

I always considered myself a hobbyist/enthusiast who mainly took photos for fun to experiment and learn more. I felt that if I had a kit that is easier to carry and handle on a regular basis I would be more inclined to use it more often. After coming to this conclusion, I did more research (including lurking here before registering and now posting my first post) and settled on the MFT format. I felt it would give me quality photos with lens options, without irritating my shoulder or hurting my pocket.

So, I sold off my lenses and the XTi and I settled on the GX1 from Panasonic that I felt met all the requirements I needed and fit my currently small budget. It also still left me with some money in my pocket! I love the system so far, and don't regret moving to Micro Four-Thirds from my old heavier dSLR.

This forum seems to be filled with endless helpful information along with a great group of people that I hope to at the least share photos with. :D
  2. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    welcome! I think there's a meet up happening in the bay area soon.
  3. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
  4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

Welcome aboard!