1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

From my new OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by m43_user, Apr 25, 2012.

1. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    I can't wait to get raw support in Lightroom. The JPGs are already beautiful. Now I just need to get used to the menus (coming from Nikon).

OM-D with Oly 45 f/1.8. I should have used a different aperture for more DOF so it's not as sharp as it could be. The in focus areas are tack sharp though.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. skadoosh

skadoosh Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Looks good. I am soooo jealous

3. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Very nice! I found that the 45mm and the 12mm Olympus lenses are excellent at F4 or F5.6

FYI there are a few options right now for raw conversion but I'm still waiting for Adobe to get with it so for now I'm dealing with the Olympus Viewer software. I shoot small Jpeg + Raw and make my pics from the small jepgs.

4. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    Good idea. I can come back to edit the raw files later and delete the small JPGs :) 

5. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    Here are a few more shots from around the 'estate' while I'm getting used to the camera. All photos were shot in JPG, Natural color setting. I was in Aperture priority mode and using the 45mm f/1.8. I really need to dig into the menus and learn the settings. For now I'm just mostly point/shoot.

I haven't done much pixel peeping but for the few I looked at with ISO 200, the files are very clean in the our of focus areas. They look great. I haven't looked much at the higher ISO shots because I really want to see those in Lightroom when raw support is available. I may use the Olympus software for now or just shoot JPG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is cropped.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  6. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    The OMD with the 45 is killer. It's such a sharp combo!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.