From my new OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by m43_user, Apr 25, 2012.

1. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    I can't wait to get raw support in Lightroom. The JPGs are already beautiful. Now I just need to get used to the menus (coming from Nikon).

OM-D with Oly 45 f/1.8. I should have used a different aperture for more DOF so it's not as sharp as it could be. The in focus areas are tack sharp though.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. skadoosh

skadoosh Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Looks good. I am soooo jealous

3. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Very nice! I found that the 45mm and the 12mm Olympus lenses are excellent at F4 or F5.6

FYI there are a few options right now for raw conversion but I'm still waiting for Adobe to get with it so for now I'm dealing with the Olympus Viewer software. I shoot small Jpeg + Raw and make my pics from the small jepgs.

4. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    Good idea. I can come back to edit the raw files later and delete the small JPGs :)

5. m43_user

m43_user Mu-43 Regular

Aug 4, 2010
    Here are a few more shots from around the 'estate' while I'm getting used to the camera. All photos were shot in JPG, Natural color setting. I was in Aperture priority mode and using the 45mm f/1.8. I really need to dig into the menus and learn the settings. For now I'm just mostly point/shoot.

I haven't done much pixel peeping but for the few I looked at with ISO 200, the files are very clean in the our of focus areas. They look great. I haven't looked much at the higher ISO shots because I really want to see those in Lightroom when raw support is available. I may use the Olympus software for now or just shoot JPG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is cropped.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  6. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    The OMD with the 45 is killer. It's such a sharp combo!