From LX3 to GF2

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JoepLX3, Jun 13, 2010.

1. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Hi All,

I am Joep, Dutch, am very happy with the LX3 I currently own, but want more :)43:), especially to take portrait pictures of our two young daughters, so it needs to be compact (otherwise I won't bring it) and not too expensive (kids are expensive too). So I am looking for:
    • GF2 with build-in EVF (and bounce flash as well as better high ISO performance) :wink:
    • 40-60 mm prime for portrait, so fast lens and preferably pancake style with AF and not as expensive as the 45 mm F2.5 Leica :eek:
    • 20 mm F1.7 (so it can replace my LX3 and we don't have to bring both) :cool:
    • 14-140 mm zoom (if I start missing the width of the LX3 and want some tele zoom - but I don't see myself walking arround with big lens attached to the small :43: camera and hate switching lenses :rofl:).
    • Maybe some small cool looking non-native lens(es) :confused:
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Joep. Those are some good choices and there is a lot of good info here to help. Feel free to ask any questions.
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Joep. I'm dutch too. I take pictures using the G1 which actually belongs to my wife. Weather is fine today, I might go for a photo walk around, but the dutch football team has also to play today it's first game. Well, we see.
  4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day Joep. I'll be waiting for the GF2 as well, sounds like it'll be a good one. (I'm glad I've invested in IOS Panasonic lenses)
    Although the GF1 I already own is fantastic.

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, Joep!:drinks:
  6. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    Gosh, so many welcomes, I feel "at home" already, thanks to all of you!!!
  7. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    They won, so did the Japanese team, it will be a good day tomorrow in the office (I work for Dutch company in Japan)

• Like Like x 1