1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

From LX3 to GF2

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JoepLX3, Jun 13, 2010.

1. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Hi All,

I am Joep, Dutch, am very happy with the LX3 I currently own, but want more :) 43:) , especially to take portrait pictures of our two young daughters, so it needs to be compact (otherwise I won't bring it) and not too expensive (kids are expensive too). So I am looking for:
    • GF2 with build-in EVF (and bounce flash as well as better high ISO performance) :wink:
    • 40-60 mm prime for portrait, so fast lens and preferably pancake style with AF and not as expensive as the 45 mm F2.5 Leica :eek: 
    • 20 mm F1.7 (so it can replace my LX3 and we don't have to bring both) :cool: 
    • 14-140 mm zoom (if I start missing the width of the LX3 and want some tele zoom - but I don't see myself walking arround with big lens attached to the small :43: camera and hate switching lenses :rofl:).
    • Maybe some small cool looking non-native lens(es) :confused: 

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Joep. Those are some good choices and there is a lot of good info here to help. Feel free to ask any questions.

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Joep. I'm dutch too. I take pictures using the G1 which actually belongs to my wife. Weather is fine today, I might go for a photo walk around, but the dutch football team has also to play today it's first game. Well, we see.

4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day Joep. I'll be waiting for the GF2 as well, sounds like it'll be a good one. (I'm glad I've invested in IOS Panasonic lenses)
    Although the GF1 I already own is fantastic.

icon

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome, Joep!:drinks:

6. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Gosh, so many welcomes, I feel "at home" already, thanks to all of you!!!

7. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    They won, so did the Japanese team, it will be a good day tomorrow in the office (I work for Dutch company in Japan)

:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.