From Florida embracing new digital era of M 4/3

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mandily, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Mandily

Mandily New to Mu-43

Jan 11, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    Hi, I'm a new member.

Have Nikon DSLR, Canon FD and Leica SL systems but am waiting for Lumix GF1 to start with for the new digital era.

Freedom at last! One body [M 4/3] for all eyes [i.e. lenses]...ok, of course with adapters.

I'm 71 year's not too late, it isn't?

From Florida.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    I will be 70 next week - it's never too late. I also came to m4/3 from a Nikon DSLR and film background, with both the GF1 and the G1- love them. These are wonderful cameras, easy to use and even easier to carry around. Here is a shot I took with my G1 the other day.
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Durtball

Durtball Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 28, 2010
    Gahannna Ohio
    It's never too late. 70 is the new 50 anyway!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Welcome aboard. I'm 61 for the time being.
    This new m4/3 format is made for us older folks.
    Smaller footprint, more convenient etc.
    Enjoy and if ya have any questions, let me know. I'm always around...
    • Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Mandily, I'm so glad you introduced yourself and am 100% sure that you're going to make many friends here - not to mention enjoy that new GF1.:flowers_2:

Promise to report back as soon as it arrives and let us know what you think!

I know that I'm not alone in looking forward to your involvement here.:biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and Hello from Snowy Scotland. I hope you have a great time with m43 and all your lenses! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it, and maybe seeing a photo or two:)

All the best,

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi Mandily
    Welcome. With the GF1 you not only get a great image taker - you will find that it's simple, intuitive controls are familiar to a DSLR user. Plus it's fun.

By the way, M4/3 is for kids too. I'm about to turn 47 and enjoy the reduced size and weight too.:smile:

When the camera arrives, if there are any questions please visit here. You won't find a friendlier place.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mandily

Mandily New to Mu-43

Jan 11, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    Hi Guys,
    Thank you so much for your welcomes. Got GF1 and Macro 45 / f2.8 recently.

Went to Dade City, FL, for Kumquat Festival and got more than satisfied customer from the results of photo shots.

The SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.2 SE is amazing for RAW processing. Added Photoshop for framing when necessary.

Here are two samples, the first is Camellia flower found at one office's plant fence and the second Kumquat Oranges at a vendor.

Fruit and flower - Mu-43 Gallery

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Great shots - I particularly like the Camelia. The colour is exquisite. Glad that you're having a good time with your GF1. I must admit that I've never eaten a Kumquat. What's the taste like?

All the best,

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Welcome! You'll find this is a great forum. In addition to having people from all over the world, you'll also find people from your neck of the woods . . . St. Pete here.

(Love looking at all those snow pictures, huh?)

• Like Like x 1
  11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome aboard Mandilly ... Good Luck and Good Shooting

Gary from California
  12. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the group!

Wow telling folks your age has really stirred us old codgers up! :smile:

Cheers from New England
  13. Mandily

Mandily New to Mu-43

Jan 11, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    Thank you for your kind words. There are two categories of Kumquat: sweet and sour, and since is rather small both are eaten whole [with skin altogether]. The taste is exactly like regular oranges. But when eaten whole, the tanginess of the skins is felt strongly.

Cheers from Florida.