1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

From Chicago I say Hello.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by theconejo, Aug 31, 2012.

1. theconejo

theconejo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 31, 2012
    chicago.
    Have been checking out the site for a month or so and finally decided to register and take part.

I used to shoot film in the late 90's on a nikon n8008 which was awesome. It was my brother-in-law's camera and when he handed it to me his advice was, "Shoot b&w for a year, it will make you a better photographer, since it is much less forgiving." And so I did. I mainly shot my friends in upstate NY riding bmx and some other street photography. I also had access to a darkroom back then which made b&w even more enticing, from a price point and to a point of learning. Then for some reason, mainly time I think, I stopped.

Fast forward to a month ago. I am a father of one and we are expecting a second. We(read I) decided it's time to get nicer photos of our expanding family on a regular basis. A friend had a gf2 when they came out and I was really impressed. So the time came and I found my own gf2 and picked up a panny 14-45mm to use. The same friend will be lending me his 14mm pancake also. I'm sure I'll expand the glass at some point, but for now I'm happy with my set.

I have a smugmug acct set up if anyone wants to check it out. Criticism is welcome of course, as it's the only way to improve.

Good community here.

I'm loving photography again.

-pat

2. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    Hi Pat ... welcome and congrats to the second one. We have 2 kids and it's a lot of "fun" :rofl:

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum! I have three daughters which explains the gray hair and slightly crazed expression (just kidding!) :rofl: