Friendly Jackdaw

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Hi all

Jackdaw. This young bird befriended me so much that after a short time it hitched a lift on my shoulder as i wandered round Rufford Park, i felt like long john silver lol. Taken with a macro lens not a zoom.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

G1/45mm macro

John

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
John, that is a very cool looking bird - love that blue grey eye! I've never seen a Jackdaw, though I've certainly read about them. I can just imagine you as Long John Silver.:biggrin: That is so neat that he perched on your shoulder and walked around with you!:biggrin:

Very nice photo, too - his feathers look so soft.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
Nice one John,
BBW, the coverts (feathers the cover the quills of the primaries and secondaries) are still growing, there's one bigger isolated one in the centre of the wing, and that eye will become a penetrating sky blue when it's mature.

Barrie

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Barrie, thank you. I figured he was still a youngster. John, I hope that Rufford Park is not too far for you to frequent because I'd love to watch this fellow mature. I'm a sucker for the kind of penetrating sky blue eyes that Barrie has described.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom