1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Fresh E-M1 ii rumours

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by pdk42, Jul 23, 2016.

1. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Olympus E-M1 II « NEW CAMERA

It’s look like the announcement of Olympus E-M1 Mark II is very near, Digital rev website even started taking pore-orders of E-M1 Mark II camera (even before the official announcement).

Yesterday, we have reported that Canon, Olympus and Leica upcoming cameras name popped over a Indonesian wireless certification agency website. That clearly indicates that Olympus Mark II in the announcement pipeline and and as our report says it will be the next and only big announcement from Olympus in near future.

We have published several times the leaked specification of the upcoming E-M1 Mark II camera, the camera was expected to arrive during photokina 2016, but there is a chance that we may see it bit early.

E-M1 Mark II is rumored to feature 20 Megapixel live MOS sensor, the other major feature coming with the E-M1 mark 2 is the arrival of 4K video for the first time in any Olympus camera, take a look at the rumored specification of the camera below

1. EM1 Mk2 is definitely going to be launched at Photokina / September 2016 [Confirmed]
    2. Advanced High Resolution mode [Confirmed]
    3. High Resolution Hand-Held Mode [Confirmed]
    4. 4K Video [Confirmed]
    5. New AF System dictated for Sports shooting / professional use
    6. New viewfinder
    7. Better Image Stabilization mode
    8. Big improvements in core specification compared to current E-M1 models
    9. Price will remain same as E-M1
    We will update you soon as we get any new information – Like Olympus E-M1 Mark II page on Facebook

STAY WITH ON FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ to get live news + Olympus Rumors 24X7+

Related Posts:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    So it's the perfect time to get a new E-M1 I suppose :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    If pdk42 is correct and we do get hand held high res mode, that will be the main thing I think will cause give me to upgrade from the E-M1 MK I. The other features are very enticing but the hand held high res just pushes me over the line.

4. longviewer

longviewer Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2015
    SW Washington (Longview area)
    Jim R
    'Core specs'? Like processing chips, sensor resolution?
    That vague term is a marketer's dream phrase :laugh1:

5. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    If "Advanced High Resolution mode" means that they correct minor movements in the picture, like Pentax K-1 does, it's going to be even more interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DWS

DWS Mu-43 Regular

Jun 6, 2014
    Dear Santa......

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Like what's been said so far. Still hoping for focus trapping and AF point joystick. Sure hope it's a home run. 4K with log profiles would be a nice to have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    The joystick is the only thing I miss from my 7D.

9. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    Never used a joystick on a camera and that might be the perfect solution for focus point selection. I'd be happy with the touch pad focus point selection ala Panasonics' which allows using the touch pad screen while looking through the EVF to pick your focus point. That might not be as elegant a solution as a joystick but it might cost less and be one less weather seal on the body.

10. Phocal

Jan 3, 2014
    Two things I don't like about using the LCD. First is the reach for people like me with short thumbs. I have to loosen my grip on the camera to make the reach and use my thumb to control the focus point. My 7D had it just to the left of where the thumb sat naturally. The second is that it is useless in cold weather when you are wearing gloves. Currently I wear cold weather fishing gloves that let me pull back the end of the index finger and thumb (so you can cast a fishing a pool) and I expose both those fingers when it is time to shoot. I expose the thumb because I can't use the arrow keys to move the focus point with them on. Regardless, when your fingers are cold or wet they have a hard time making the touch screen react to their touch, joystick is much more dependable in all weather situations.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  11. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I took a look earlier at the DigitalRev "pre-order" page and got all excited when there appeared to be a reasonable-res picture of it. It took me a few minutes before I realised it was an E-M5ii !

12. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I looked on the B&H website and the listed price of the EM1 is $1099 (currently $200 off :biggrin:). Even if we take it up to the F initial price of $1199 that will be a pretty competitive price. I also notice that hand-held high rez mode is coming with the better image stabilization mode. I wonder if faster sensor control for the hi Rez lead to better IBIS. Just a thought. In any event, hopefully all of you that have waited patiently will be rewarded. Exciting times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2016
    Syndey, Australia
    Looking good, I have a milestone birthday coming up, this could be what I ask for.

But one thing worries me, all the new features and price will remain the same. As much as I dislike extra costs, adding in extras and no CPI increase at all worries me that quality may suffer. Especially if Olympus want to get into the pro market reliability is everything.

Hope they keep the existing tiltable Led screen and do not go fully flip out.

Still good news.

14. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

A high spec body is useless without equally high spec (and more expensive) lenses. The body is just a gateway into making money from those PRO lenses...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    Many things change cost/value over time. A more powerful processor in 2016 may easily cost less then a slower one in 2013. The same may be true for the EVF. Better IBIS may be overall cheaper because the manufacturing has been streamlined, most R&D costs are already covered, etc.

And as wjiang said you may even accept to get less money from the body, or even nothing, to attract more customers and cover the cost with lenses: now the PRO suite is interesting and the new 1.2 lenses are coming. And this is a camera targeted at pro users that may easily buy the full set of pro lenses, a backup body, flashes, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. rezatravilla

rezatravilla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Indonesia
    Reza Travilla
    same thinking :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  17. gary0319

gary0319 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Sarasota FL
    If the improved C-AF with the same (or better) 20 mp sensor that I have in my Pen F is a reality, I be on the pre-order list.

18. Phocal

Jan 3, 2014
    It will not be the same sensor.

19. gary0319

gary0319 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Sarasota FL
    I should have said the same "quality" sensor. I'm pleased with the 20mp Sony sensor in my Penn F and just hope the one in the new E-M1 II is equal or better IQ wise and includes some sort of Cross Type PDAF. The non-cross type PDAF in my E-M1 is "OK" for most stuff, but not for Birds In Flight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TassieFig

TassieFig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Tasmania, Australia
    Bring it on. My next camera :dance3:

• Agree Agree x 1