Fremantle Old Prison G3

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Obeaman, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Had a quick trip to Perth and visited the old prison at Fremantle. Interesting place. Only took my G3 kit to minimise weight and bulk.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Lorey

Lorey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Missouri, USA
    Really good shots. I like the first one best. I visited an old prison in Jefferson City Missouri a few weeks ago. I had just got my E-M5 and it was my first outing with it. I don't think I did quite as well as you with shooting. I haven't gone completely through them yet but if I get any that are post worthy I'll put one or two up.
  3. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    First shot is my favorite too... interesting subjects and B&W fits pretty well with the setting for this set of photos as well.
  4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Could you walk around on your own, or was there a tour?

PS- Did it creep you out?

PPS- #1 is my fav.
  5. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Nice set of images the B&W works well.

6. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Hi Gary - thanks for your comments, I appreciate it. Unfortunately it was a tour, they do not allow you on your own. Just had to grab what I could as we walked around. Did not creep me out however there is night tour which is supposed to have an effect on some folks.
    I checked ot your site, you have some great images. Really liked the Cats from Whitney, the Zebra and hanging out of the Plane. Only had a brief look so far but will check them out later - got to go to work.
  7. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Hi Lorey - Many thanks for your comments. I look forward to seeing some from your EM-5, I am interested in that cam as well.
  8. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Hi Kiwi Paul - mant thanks for your comments, I thought that all Kiwis were coming to Australia?
  9. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Hi Jloden - Thanks, yes I saw some other Old Jail images in B&W and thought that I would give it a try myself, I was quite happy with the results.
  10. KH74

KH74 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Western Australia
    Great images. :)

I live not far from the prison and usually take out-of-state visitors there.

Years ago, you were able to tour the prison more freely, but these days it is a completely guided tour.

Along with the night tour, there is also the option of the tunnel tours which are twenty metres below the prison.
  11. mpeg

mpeg 4/3 Activist...

Jun 19, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    Great images.. I'm doing the tunnels soon.. :)
  12. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    The perfect setting for B&W - nice