1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fremantle Old Prison G3

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Obeaman, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Had a quick trip to Perth and visited the old prison at Fremantle. Interesting place. Only took my G3 kit to minimise weight and bulk.
    Entry.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Accomodation.jpg

Floors.jpg

[ATTACH=full]228425[/ATTACH]
    Brian

• Like Like x 12
  2. Lorey

Lorey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Missouri, USA
    Really good shots. I like the first one best. I visited an old prison in Jefferson City Missouri a few weeks ago. I had just got my E-M5 and it was my first outing with it. I don't think I did quite as well as you with shooting. I haven't gone completely through them yet but if I get any that are post worthy I'll put one or two up.

3. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    First shot is my favorite too... interesting subjects and B&W fits pretty well with the setting for this set of photos as well.

4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Could you walk around on your own, or was there a tour?

Gary

PS- Did it creep you out?
    G

PPS- #1 is my fav.
    G

5. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Nice set of images the B&W works well.

Paul

6. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Hi Gary - thanks for your comments, I appreciate it. Unfortunately it was a tour, they do not allow you on your own. Just had to grab what I could as we walked around. Did not creep me out however there is night tour which is supposed to have an effect on some folks.
    I checked ot your site, you have some great images. Really liked the Cats from Whitney, the Zebra and hanging out of the Plane. Only had a brief look so far but will check them out later - got to go to work.

7. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Hi Lorey - Many thanks for your comments. I look forward to seeing some from your EM-5, I am interested in that cam as well.
    Brian

8. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Hi Kiwi Paul - mant thanks for your comments, I thought that all Kiwis were coming to Australia?
    Brian

9. Obeaman

Obeaman Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Hi Jloden - Thanks, yes I saw some other Old Jail images in B&W and thought that I would give it a try myself, I was quite happy with the results.
    Brian

10. KH74

KH74 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Western Australia
    Great images. :) 

I live not far from the prison and usually take out-of-state visitors there.

Years ago, you were able to tour the prison more freely, but these days it is a completely guided tour.

Along with the night tour, there is also the option of the tunnel tours which are twenty metres below the prison.

11. mpeg

mpeg 4/3 Activist... Subscribing Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    Gordo
    Great images.. I'm doing the tunnels soon.. :) 

12. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The perfect setting for B&W - nice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.