1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Freeware Plugin: Adding EXIF info to images in Lightroom

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by quatchi, Apr 25, 2013.

1. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Hey,

I recently got my hands on an old analog camera. After importing scanned pictures into LR, I remembered the old problem that its not possible to add/modify EXIF information in LR. I also remembered that I had written a small plugin based on Phil Harvey's EXIFTOOL to add missing legacy lens EXIF info some years ago. Having not used it for a while, I dug it back out again and updated the plugin to also include the possibility to add/modify camera information (make, model, exposure time, ISO).

I uploaded it in case someone else is looking for such a functionality as well. There is a small Howto on the site as well.
    EXIF Complete 2

Attached is a screenshot of the plugin's main dialog.

Attached Files:

2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Going to give it a shot. Right now I use LensTagger, which i don't have any problems with, but always willing to try a new setup.

Just tried to install. Got a malfunctioning error, and says bad header in precompiled chunk. Pretty sure I have EXIFTool, but if not, where do I put it? In the plugin folder?

3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Thank you so much! :smile:

--
    Sent from my Kindle Fire HD. Please pardon my brevity!

4. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Mhmm, interesting. :)
    Which version of LR do you use? I tested it on LR4.4 and the current LR5 Beta (Mac & Windows).

It doesn't really matter were you put EXIFTOOL. In the plugins configuration dialog (plugin manager) you can select the path to it.

5. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Right now using 4.2. Never saw a reason to update since I don't have a newer camera, and nobody reported any real speed differences. I have the beta, may try on that. Win7 computer.

6. arad85

arad85 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
  7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Thanks so much! This is very lightweight and easy to use. The downside to trying so much gear is that my Lightroom is CLOGGED with lens and camera types. I have re-assigned some 3900 pics takes across some 20 cameras to lens type "Fixed Lens Compact" because before the lens was listed as "6-24mm" or "8-32mm" or "unkown" which was all meaningless to me, because the camera itself defined the lens. Now all my point and shoot pics, and cell phone pics, are defined as "Fixed Lens"

This is cutting my lens list in like half!

8. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    I am glad, the plugin proved to be useful to you. Could you do me a favor and post, which operating system version (e.g., Mac 10.7.3 or Windows 7) and Lightroom version you are using? Thanks.

9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Latest LR 4.4 and Snowleopard OSX 10.8.3

Installed without a hitch.

10. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Wow! That's amazing, Bill. Now all you have to do is find a plugin that'll cut your gear churning urges in half, too! :biggrin: