1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Freemod XCAP2 - semi-auto lenscap for m43

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by aphasiac, Mar 10, 2016.

1. aphasiac

aphasiac Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2015
    Taiwan
    Cool concept; this lenscap pulls open and closed rather than being taken on and off, and also acts as a mini hood for flare resistance.

Screws into 46mm filter thread, and seems designed for m43, as the website has a list of m43 lenses it's been tested with.

x-cap2-manual-01.

Video:

Cost around 30USD. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
  2. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    Very cool if it really works. I can see this being really useful for casual shooting. Also, price is $57 for US + 18 dollars shipping!!

3. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    This looks quite interesting. I have both the P20 and the S60 which have 46mm threads. At the moment I use UV filters on both to be able to just throw them in the bag without caps when I'm shooting and want them to be ready. But the filters introduce flaring when inside. This would solve this problem very nicely. Wonder if they ship to EU.

4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I get the feeling that like other auto caps, gradually dust and other debris is just going to make its way in anyway, and it won't come out unless you take off for cleaning. Still, potentially faster to operate and you won't lose it.

5. TassieFig

TassieFig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Tasmania, Australia
    Great idea. I would use it.

:wtf: I guess I wont get one. Seriously...?

:laugh1::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Very clever mechanism!

7. aphasiac

aphasiac Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2015
    Taiwan
    I wouldn't use this on the panasonic 20/1.7. With that lens the front filter is connected directly to the focusing motor (hence it moves in and out), so pushing and pulling it everyday could possibly lead to damage.

8. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    With the prices and no proper EU shipping it is out of the question anyway. I'll just stick to removing filters when in difficult light.