1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[FS] FREE VIVITAR 70-210/3.5 "BEERCAN" | Location: COLORADO | Ships: CONUS

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by juangrande, Feb 9, 2013.

1. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 98.1%
    61   1   0

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> FREE VIVITAR 70-210/3.5 "BEERCAN"
    </br>Prices</br> FREE + $12 shipping
    </br>Location</br> COLORADO
    </br>Ships to</br> CONUS
    </br>Description</br> In the spirit of "txbskt" I'm passing on a Series-1 Kiron/Vivitar 70-210 f3.5 Macro. This "beer can" takes pretty sharp and pleasing images. It does appear to have a little something on the inner element. It is MC/MD mount. Adapter not included. I'm unsure of shipping costs, but it is heavy and large. Just Paypal gift me and I'll send it.

These were both taken with this lens/ handheld.
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Personal/Gift PayPal (violates PayPal policy and no buyer protection)
    Shipping method</br> USPS
    </br>Shipping charge</br> $12
    </br>Handling time</br> 1-2days
    </br>References</br> -
    </br>Additional comments</br>
    • Open to trade offers
    Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

0   0   0

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Very generous of you Big John. So what does a beer can lens look like?

Gary

(PS- Actually, I believe it was Allen Roseman who first started giving away lenses on ยต4/3. Just giving credit where credit is due.)

3. mdstrasser

mdstrasser New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Sep 18, 2011
    You have pm

4. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 98.1%
    61   1   0

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Gary, I wasn't aware of the him doing it first. The beer can looks like this ( next to a minolta 50mm f1.4). I'd say it is more of a "tall" than a regular beer! Maybe even a "40".:eek:

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

0   0   0

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Yeah, that's a tall. Alan, who for some bizarre reason, maybe abducted by aliens, is no longer with us. But he was a mod and a great participating member and was the first to start giving away lenses. A few have followed his lead. I doubt that txbskt is aware of Alan or any of previous action of generosity. So kudos to him and you as well.

G