Free Software processing available for E-P5 ORFs

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by pickled, Dec 27, 2013.

1. pickled

pickled New to Mu-43

Dec 25, 2013
    London
    Pete
    Not sure how much interest there is in this. If you've been waiting for dcraw to gain e-p5 capability ... that isn't there quite yet, but its close cousin libraw can now demosaic E-P5 files, as of v1.6, along with at least one Free application, "darktable" ( http://www.darktable.org ) - I got darktable 1.4 compiled and running on my Fedora 17 install yesterday, and it seems fine with the E-P5's ORF files, though I've yet to make much headway with actually using the app - it's more of a stop-gap while I'm away from my usual process (OV3 -> tiff -> CNX2) over the holidays.

2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I've heard of darktable. I use rawtherapee. Faster and easier to use than Olympus Viewer 3. However, I sometimes can't get the colors right so I export to tiff in OV 3 and then use rawtherapee.

3. pickled

pickled New to Mu-43

Dec 25, 2013
    London
    Pete
    Hi! I've used rawtherapee in the past with my D7000, before I got into the swing of using CNX2, haven't tried it with the E-P5, though - I assumed it was dcraw based and didn't have support yet.. Do you know if it supports E-P5 now?

4. pickled

pickled New to Mu-43

Dec 25, 2013
    London
    Pete
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.