1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Free Software processing available for E-P5 ORFs

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by pickled, Dec 27, 2013.

1. pickled

pickled New to Mu-43

Dec 25, 2013
    London
    Pete
    Not sure how much interest there is in this. If you've been waiting for dcraw to gain e-p5 capability ... that isn't there quite yet, but its close cousin libraw can now demosaic E-P5 files, as of v1.6, along with at least one Free application, "darktable" ( http://www.darktable.org ) - I got darktable 1.4 compiled and running on my Fedora 17 install yesterday, and it seems fine with the E-P5's ORF files, though I've yet to make much headway with actually using the app - it's more of a stop-gap while I'm away from my usual process (OV3 -> tiff -> CNX2) over the holidays.

2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I've heard of darktable. I use rawtherapee. Faster and easier to use than Olympus Viewer 3. However, I sometimes can't get the colors right so I export to tiff in OV 3 and then use rawtherapee.

3. pickled

pickled New to Mu-43

Dec 25, 2013
    London
    Pete
    Hi! I've used rawtherapee in the past with my D7000, before I got into the swing of using CNX2, haven't tried it with the E-P5, though - I assumed it was dcraw based and didn't have support yet.. Do you know if it supports E-P5 now?

4. pickled

pickled New to Mu-43

Dec 25, 2013
    London
    Pete