1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Free replacement lens or cheap upgrade - plus any advice on OneStop-digital?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by jazzuk777, Jul 6, 2015.

1. jazzuk777

jazzuk777 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 3, 2015
    worked out by splitting a bargain E-PL6 twin zoom kit (14-42+40-150) and selling the other bits, I can pay for the 14-42mm lens I need to replace. OR I could keep this set and sell my E-PM2 body, 40-150mm lens etc, to pay a large chunk of upgrade cost.

And does anyone have experience with buying Asian import Olympus kit? One-stop Digital claim to guarantee there will be no import taxes, or for £45 more I could buy already imported kit shipped within the UK....

Be really interested to hear thoughts on both of the above...

Many thanks

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

What are you hoping the E-PL6 will do for you? It's honestly not much of an upgrade vs the E-PM2.

3. jazzuk777

jazzuk777 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 3, 2015
    Thanks I suppose that's exactly my question really. If I can just get the 14-42mm lens effectively for free, should I do that our is upgrading to a new PL6 worth a very modest extra cost... I reckon once I've sold my bits and bobs I have and sell the 40-150mmi don't need, could be around £80 to upgrade to the pl6 although I think won't come with even an eu warranty. But then I've had no luck with my UK warranty equipment anyway, see my other thread!

4. tkbslc

I guess I am still not sure what you are trying to do. Are you thinking of buying a whole lens kit, and then selling off everything but the one cheap kit lens?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. jazzuk777

jazzuk777 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 3, 2015
    Exactly that, as it would offset the cost of the 14-42mm lens in it entirely. Or I could just keep the double zoom kit, and sell my old body, flash, and probably sell the new 40-150mm and keep my old one

6. tkbslc

Are you sure it is worth the hassle? Have you considered the paypal and shipping fees? Are you being realistic on your net prices? What if something goes wrong?

Personally, I'd just buy the lens you need and be done with it. What are they, £60?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The PL6 is like the PL5. It has a titling screen and more explicit controls than the PM2. I always like the tilting screens so you can shoot waist level, which I think is a more stable position.

8. jazzuk777

jazzuk777 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 3, 2015
    More like £200 plus from what I can find, unless you want to buy damaged 2nd hand 8-0

9. jazzuk777

jazzuk777 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 3, 2015
    Can anyone advise whether there are any drawbacks using a Panasonic lens on this body? Looking at the PZ 14-42mm. Any drawbacks using a non-Olympus lens?

10. tkbslc

No drawbacks. Panasonic and Olympus bodies and lenses are fully interchangeable.

Many people find the 12-32 pancake to be the better option vs the 14-42 pancake. Give that a look, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1