1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Free program to create a 'photo story' from multiple photos?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by hazwing, Apr 24, 2014.

1. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    I'm looking for a program that will allow me to put a few photos together into one big picture, to help create a story or sequence. I think the EP5 has a similar feature built into camera.

btw running on mac atm. Using LR4

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    upgrade to LR 5 while you can do so as an upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  3. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  4. WhidbeyLVR

WhidbeyLVR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    I use Hugin for stitching. I also use Hugin to correct perspective and fish-eye distortions and to align hand-held images for exposure-blended (pseudo-HDR) work. Hugin can also do the blending for you, but I prefer to control the blending in GIMP with layer masks. Great program, but moderately high learning curve.

I have also tried Microsoft ICE. I found it easier to use, but much less flexible. If all you want is stitching with a less steep learning curve, you might try it.

Oh, I see you are using a Mac, so MS ICE probably won't be helpful for you, but might for other readers.

On the other hand, since you mention a sequence or a story, maybe we aren't even talking about the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Hmmm... my bad, probably poor choice of words to use 'stitching'. I don't mean creating panoramas, I use hugin for that with reasonable success.

I mean put multiple different photos together on the one frame, to create a story board of events in the one big picture.

6. Ellsass

Ellsass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2014
    Autostitch works well. Free for desktop, $2 for mobile. http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/brown/autostitch/autostitch.html

They have iPhone and Android apps in addition to Mac and Windows. The desktop apps will eventually say they have 'expired', but you just need to redownload the app (or keep a copy on your hard drive and copy it to your Applications folder, replacing the old copy).

7. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
  8. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
  9. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
  10. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
  11. letsgofishing

letsgofishing Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 21, 2012
    South Africa
    Mike Kaplan
    Just assemble your choice of images in any basic image editing software and export as a single image....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dan43

Dan43 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  13. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
  14. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Composure seems good and simple to use.

I had a look around on the app store. Fotor is another free alternative, but offers a little more image editting and batch conversions as well. There does seem to be more advertisements in fotor, though.